Quad Monitor Display Graphic Card

emphaseinc

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Hi,
I purchased a Dell XPS 9100 a few months ago with Dual Monitor Display.

I would like to install 2 additional monitors in a quad display setup.

What would be the best way for me to do this?

The only solution I saw was the NVS 450 Quad DVI graphic card. Are there any other options that would work with my computer?

I opened my computer. I have a GTX 260 video card on the motherboard atm. It doesn't look like I can add a second video card directly on the motherboard unless there is another way of doing this which I am not aware of. I do have a free slot available behind my computer where my graphic card outputs are however.

Thanks alot for the help :)!

If price isn't that important you can get 4 monitors and one HD6850. The problem is that the four need to be Displayport 1.2, and three of them need to support Daisy Chaining. This might also work with two monitors chained and two connected via HDMI/DVI, I'm not too sure.

emphaseinc

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Thanks for the help so far.

If I find a card like ATI Radeon 6790 with two DVI and two mini display port. Would it work if I get two mini DP to DVI adapters and plug in 4 DVI screens?

If yes, then it wouldn't be so bad because my budget is about 1000$: 400$ for the card and 300$ for 2 screens.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
> If I find a card like ATI Radeon 6790 with two DVI and two mini display port. Would it work if I get two mini DP to DVI adapters and plug in 4 DVI screens?

You would have to check that specific card, but most cards with more than 2 ports only let you use 2 at a time.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

Yes, this would work, as long as your DP > DVI adapters were ACTIVE Displayport Adapters, and not passive. Passive adapted monitors beyond the 2nd will not register with your PC. You need active adapters. This is a limitation of Eyefinity, the ability to use more than 2 monitors off of one video card.