Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Sabertooth
  • Motherboards
  • Components
Last response: in Components
May 27, 2011 3:01:28 AM

Hello everyone!

I have a question about motherboards and sound cards.

I'm about to build myself a new gaming enthusiast rig, so I'm getting a Sabertooth P67 motherboard.

Question is: should I keep my old Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic and make it part of my new rig, or is it better to just leave the onboard audio of the Sabertooth P67?

Are sound cards always better than onboard audio?

Thanks. :) 

More about : soundcard mobo sound

May 28, 2011 5:48:15 PM

not always.. but the sounblaster is a proper old card lol, who knows may be the onboard can be better.
Score
a c 117 V Motherboard
May 28, 2011 6:38:24 PM

I can't speak about your particular card but from my experience i've always used a soundcard.
For example i'm using an old Audigy2 ZS in a newer Win7 build and it definitely sounds better then the Realtek ALC889 onboard imo.
Score
Related resources
May 28, 2011 9:24:04 PM

davcon said:
I can't speak about your particular card but from my experience i've always used a soundcard.
For example i'm using an old Audigy2 ZS in a newer Win7 build and it definitely sounds better then the Realtek ALC889 onboard imo.

well better is subjective... maybe itd be better to say that it sounds differnet to YOUR liking.

i say this because the specification of the ALC888 and over arre better then the audigy.
Score
May 30, 2011 7:10:39 PM

So you're saying I should find out the specs. for the Sabertooth P67's onboard audio and compare it to the Soundblaster XtremeMusic's, right?

Thanks for the advice! :D 
Score
May 30, 2011 8:11:05 PM

yes, but i already think taht it is better... although whether u will ike THAT sound is entirely up to u.
Score
a c 117 V Motherboard
May 31, 2011 2:43:38 AM

It doesn't cost you anything to do a comparison.
Try both! i can pretty much tell you you'll prefer the soundcard.
Been there, done that, more then once.
Score

Best solution

June 6, 2011 6:27:37 PM

davcon said:
It doesn't cost you anything to do a comparison.
Try both! i can pretty much tell you you'll prefer the soundcard.
Been there, done that, more then once.

Same, I have a Auzentech Forte an Audigy 4 and onboard on both my P8P67 and P5Q-E boards. I have tried every variation and I greatly prefer the sound of the Auzentech and Audigy over the 889 and 888 onboard. Keep in mind this is purely gaming and 5.1 analog (with and without EAX )
June 7, 2011 7:23:24 PM

Best answer selected by martinduque86.
Score
a c 136 V Motherboard
June 8, 2011 6:43:23 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!