Old SoundCard vs. MOBO Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinduque86

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello everyone!

I have a question about motherboards and sound cards.

I'm about to build myself a new gaming enthusiast rig, so I'm getting a Sabertooth P67 motherboard.

Question is: should I keep my old Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic and make it part of my new rig, or is it better to just leave the onboard audio of the Sabertooth P67?

Are sound cards always better than onboard audio?

Thanks. :)

Solution

Same, I have a Auzentech Forte an Audigy 4 and onboard on both my P8P67 and P5Q-E boards. I have tried every variation and I greatly prefer the sound of the Auzentech and Audigy over the 889 and 888 onboard. Keep in mind this is purely gaming and 5.1 analog (with and without EAX )

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009

well better is subjective... maybe itd be better to say that it sounds differnet to YOUR liking.

i say this because the specification of the ALC888 and over arre better then the audigy.

thokor

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011

Same, I have a Auzentech Forte an Audigy 4 and onboard on both my P8P67 and P5Q-E boards. I have tried every variation and I greatly prefer the sound of the Auzentech and Audigy over the 889 and 888 onboard. Keep in mind this is purely gaming and 5.1 analog (with and without EAX )

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.