GTX 460 problems, need advice.

I'm having random freezes in an online game called Aion Online (I didn't tested other games, this is a new build), I have all settings in High and AA at x8 with V-Sync, My average fps is 60 (Without V-sync it burst up to 100-150 but still have random freezes). When playing I'm having random freezes and when I go into places with too much players my fps slow down to 28-40. I think it is hard drive problems but I need advice.

These are my specs right now:

*PSU Thermaltake TR2-500W 43A in +12V rails (Using videocard adapter cables for videocard power)
*Gigabyte GTX 460 768MB OC Edition
*Patriot DDR3 RAM 2x2GB 1600Mhz Cas9
*HDD: 4 years old WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM 8mb cache (WD Caviar Black 640GB 32mb cache is on the way)
*CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 740 3.0Ghz

Tried using gigabyte drivers, then reinstalled Windows 7 and installed drivers from Nvidia and I get the same results. Tried putting AA in 0x and settings in medium and I get the same results.

Guys what do you think is my problem?

Pardon me because of my low level English and thanks for your advices in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm playing at 1920x1080 resolution.
10 answers Last reply
More about problems advice
  1. maybe you can try clean driver install. btw you try other games as well. maybe the problem is not about your hardware instead the game itself
  2. I did clean driver install and get the same results. I will try with COD: Bo when I get home. Thanks for your answer @renz496
  3. did you do the clean install using the one built in nvidia drivers or driver sweeper?
  4. I just formatted my computer and installed Nvidia drivers directly.
  5. Have you checked the temperatures?
  6. yes, I think temperatures are normal. The video card is at 38C - 46C, and CPU 41C when gaming.
  7. i had random fps drop sto about 2 fps in COD: BO for about 5-10 seconds running a 460 on a 1920x1080 display. let me know what happens when you play BO. I play GRiD on my set up and don't get the problem and will be playin left4dead 2 soon so i'll see what happens then.
  8. woltej1 said:
    i had random fps drop sto about 2 fps in COD: BO for about 5-10 seconds running a 460 on a 1920x1080 display. let me know what happens when you play BO. I play GRiD on my set up and don't get the problem and will be playin left4dead 2 soon so i'll see what happens then.

COD: BO have lag issues even with good GPU. the problem lies more on the cpu part. do you have dual or quad cores cpu? i heard the lag are much more persistent with dual core cpus
  9. renz496 said:
    COD: BO have lag issues even with good GPU. the problem lies more on the cpu part. do you have dual or quad cores cpu? i heard the lag are much more persistent with dual core cpus

i5-750
  10. Are you running Win7 with DX11? I beleive aion runs in DX9 and there have been issues with it on dx11
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics