Please for the love of god help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

circulate

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Hey guys I've posted recently about this but wanted to start a new thread.

Problem: Playing game (world of warcraft in this instance) and I will lag (my character will get stuck in whatever animation i was doing at the time, I can still run around, but I'm obviously lagging, And im sure to everyone else around me, my character is probably running in place) Which is something I see sometimes around me from players with bad computers or crappy internet.

WELL, I've replaced my modem, replaced my coaxial cables, I'm hardwired in, I bought a seprate network card, I've even bought a new hard drive and reinstalled windows, all programs, drivers etc, I've done ping tests, in which sometimes come back with 20-30MBPS internet with 20-30ping and 0% packet loss, and other times I get 3% packetloss (which is concerning right?) Well I spoke with the ISP and they said they see nothing, they came out and looked, saw nothing, ran tests, saw nothing, said it's not them, that my internet speeds and ping are good, and that's all they can tell me.

All of my gear is good, no reason I should be lagging. Let me also mention sometimes when I lag, i snap out of it and everything around me fast forwards kind of like to catch up to real time, or i disconnect from the game.

I don't know what else I can possibly do.

Is the 3% packet loss that I saw once a possibility of this? I only lag every once in a while, once every 30 mins or sometimes once every 10 mins or once every 3 hours.

What else could it possibly be? what other solutions do I have to try??? Can't i run some sort of diagnostic test, play the game, then have it spike or do whatever it's doing then look at my recorder and see exactly what happened?

Anyone have anything to say :( sorry for the novel. Wanted to cover all basis.

CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: 8gigs ddr3 gskill 2133
GPU: MSI Twin Forzr gtx 560ti
hyper 212 cooling
750w antec psu

4745454b

Titan
Not sure its a network issue. They don't normally speed up the game when they resolve themselves.

Temps? Voltages? Settings in bios? (I mention this because of the 2133MHz ram.) I also noticed you didn't list what harddrives you have. Any chance this is a loading issue with a hdd that needs to be defragged/replaced?

circulate

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
What settings would i be lookin at in the BIOS? My temps are low, and I dont have any problems in any other game, or at least I can't notice them and maybe because it's an MMO I can actually see my character lag is why I think it's the only game that is doing it. But yea temps and votages seem good. HDD is at 0% fragmentation.

EDIT: also, it doesn't really speed up so much as show me all the animation that actualy happened on my screen if i wasn't lagging, all at once, either that or i disconnect.

noidis

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I've actually had this problem occur with SWTOR... Fwiw, all my troubleshooting, and support calls yielded only one real possible cause.

It's got to do with the connection between yourself and the server. For me, simply picking a server in another region (As well as disabling frame burst on my router) solved the issue.

But obviously it's a piss poor solution if you're heavily invested in the server you're currently on.

Either way, I'd suggest hooking up straight to the modem, or using another computer (laptop or what not) if it's available to see if you can recreate the issue. That way you'll be able to at the very least eliminate some of the possible causes.

totalknowledge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
If you have a cell phone with tethering you can trouble shoot whether or not its the new work.

After that I would check the game setting, try moving all the sliders down to the lowest settings, and see if that resolves anything.

I have read that the game doesn't play well with one of the Nvidia cards. I don't remember if it was the 560 or the 570 though. You might google a quick search on your graphics card to check.

Are you running the game on dx9 or dx11? If you are still using dx9 try bumping up to dx11 and see if that helps any.

Also check your firewall, antivirus programs. I installed Comodo on one of my daughters computers, and it didn't play with WoW well at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.