Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Please Help, Build Won't Turn On... Is the 20 + 4 missing something?

Last response: in Components
May 27, 2011 4:58:54 AM

Okay I really need some expert advice here.

I just built a new system. But when I hit the power switch I am seeing/hearing no response from the CPU.

This is my first build so I am frantically trying to figure out what else might be wrong. All that happens when I hit the power switch is that the led light goes on and off and the case fan starts whirring.

I was wondering if my 20 + 4 wire is missing something. Fifth from the right top row. Should that be a naked connection?

(I don't know why its not converting to an image here... please just go to that link. Seriously its not a virus)

More about : build turn missing

Best solution

a c 92 ) Power supply
May 27, 2011 5:21:20 AM

The 5th. slot is a "no-pin" on the 24-pin connector. Your connector is fine.

Make sure the 8-pin CPU power connector is plugged in and all connectors are securely plugged in.
May 27, 2011 5:21:48 AM

Best answer selected by afhaque89.
m
l
Related resources
May 27, 2011 5:22:04 AM

Thanks... At least I can rule one thing out..

m
l
a b ) Power supply
May 27, 2011 5:22:20 AM

Can't see the image even with the URL. Also, look in your manual or contact the Motherboard manufacture and see what the LED means. Also, what is your Build?
m
l
a c 92 ) Power supply
May 27, 2011 5:25:45 AM

Thank you!

BTW, the image is fine! (Clean fingernails too!). Details! Details!
m
l
May 27, 2011 7:39:12 AM

GOT IT!!!

(I think the issue was that my motherboard was screwed on wrong. As in I used screws directly onto motherboard instead of using those headings? I don't know if this was the cause... It might have just been poor wiring. I ended up taking it apart and rebuilding it)
m
l
a c 92 ) Power supply
May 27, 2011 2:09:03 PM

Yes, stand-offs must be used in order to avoid any 'shorting'.
m
l
!