Resource Points for Prisoners?

Do you get resource points for prisoners?

Thanks,
--Mark

Very succinct, but I was trying to start a discussion, so let me try
this again:

I recently captured a Rebel HW, capturing nearly 5M prisoners. This
deprived him of about 90 vRes points (used in calculating Resource
Points); this decreased the total vRes pool, and resulted in all races
gaining a few RP.

But most of the liberated RP went to high-growth races, like Scavs,
Solorians, Crystals, while I, the EE Architect of this evil scheme,
received next to none.

Some arguments in favour:

I captured physical infrastructure and lots of people who will be
helping out with the war effort, whether they want to or not. If one
were to view this as (among other things) an increased capacity to
manage resources, a scheme that allowed one to capture RPs, somehow,
would pass a reality check.

The EE is currently regarded as a weak race, and one of the reasons is
its continuous struggle for RP in larger games.

One of the chief philosophies of this game is to reward aggression, to
keep the game moving and exciting. Sure, labour camp income and the
Stuff you get from a captured planet are nice, but what's the point if
you don't have the RP to do anything with them?

Why should I have to share the RP I liberate? I am Evil, after all.

Cheers,
--Mark

The EE is currently regarded as a weak race,

Most players I know regard it as a _very_ strong race. In fact, RP may
be their only true weakness.

I refer you to

www dot furfur dot demon dot co dot uk slash geop slash v4races.htm

and the table therein.

Cheers,
--Mark

Well, then there's this:

http://www.geocities.com/scytale5901/index.html (check out the race
rankings).

But right now we're just arguing one of the points I made, among the
many that could be made in favour of some mechanism for rebalancing the
RP disparity. What do you think of the idea, in general?

Cheers,
--Mark