USB2 adapter for IBM T23

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
March 29, 2005 1:00:30 PM

I bought a NEC DVD burner to use on my T23 and then discovered I needed a
USB 2 port inorder to optimize the burner's performance so I would like to
add a USB 1.1 to USB 2 adapter. I am reading in newsgroups that some of the
USB adapters do not work on the T23 so would like to get your suggestions
on what would be the best choice.

Adaptec (1992200) looks like a nice unit but don't know if it is
compatable.

Thanks

Jerry

More about : usb2 adapter ibm t23

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 29, 2005 1:00:31 PM

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
March 30, 2005 11:20:41 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have a pmcia slot.

Jerry
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 31, 2005 7:26:55 PM

Almost any CARDBUS PCMCIA USB 2.0 adaptor should work. As long as the
external drive has it's own direct power suppy, should be no problem. Drives
that draw power from the USB port can be a big problem when using an adaptor
of this type in a laptop

!