pravinkasar

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I have Acer Server & it's show the CPU usage 100% always. I checked all possibilities like msconfig, system scanning using kaspersky antivirus etc. but problem is still there.
So please help me to solve this problem

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
I have an Acer Timeline laptop, that multiple people had a CPU at 100% bug pretty commonly. I found that when I uninstalled the Intel Matrix Storage manager, it no longer went to 100% just randomly.

Intel Matrix Storage manager doesn't do anything for you unless you use multiple intel drives and even then I've found isn't needed (unless maybe you have a raid array? I don't need it on my main desktop that has a RAID setup.) I don't know what it does, but it's nothing necessary and causes more harm than good.

ATi RaDEoN

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
That's pretty common on most of the computers which have many background programs running. Open the task manager ( ctrl + alt + delete ) and go to processes, then check which program is using the maximum resource, then end the bad process. Also I would recommend you not to use anti virus, all the anti viruses are buggy and cause system to slow down. Good luck!!!

in_core

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010

not all anti virus makes the pc slow......i have tried many antiviruses over the years and found out that AVIRA is the best so far...its good at detecting virus and it does not make the pc slow at all...and the best part is that it is available free for home use

beno

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010

Agree , one Avira Fan like me :hello:

for me,the most lagging antivirus i have ever experienced was Kaspersky.