P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 not booting anymore (after 2 months)

Avandijk

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Hi, I. Was wondering would be able to help me. I have the following system:

Mobo: P8P67 pro rev 3.1
Processor: i2500k with stock cooler
Gfx: Asus GTX560 1Gb
Ram: 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance

No overclocking or anything like that yet. I updated the Bios when I assembled the computer.

Up until yesterday evening this system was working very well with no issues, no temperature spikes, BSODor anything like that.

Now when I turn it on there is no output to the screen, and the CPU LED is red on the board. The fans are whirring, the hard rive is working and the optical drive can open. All other LEDs are green.

I have tried resetting the CMOS, as well as taking out the battery and resetting. I have also tried swapping RAM sticks out and in different slots. I removed the gfx card and plugged the vga lead into the io panel. I made sure it was not my monitor or lead by swapping them to my old computer. I don't have a case speaker (I will pick or up later today) but I think I have it narrowed down to the motherboard or the CPU.

Is there any way of telling which one it is?

I have a ton of ASUS's and the chance of a bad MOBO isn't any different over any other MOBO.

If your PSU is bad, multiple rails can still allow fans to spin, etc then try a different PSU or fully breadboard and use the minimal components: CPU, MOBO, stock HSF, (1) stick of RAM in 2nd DIMM slot from CPU, GPU in a different PCIe slot, and PSU on a cardboard box; nothing else. Next short the PW+ and Ground with a screwdriver.

If it posts then add 1~2 items at a time: e.g. Power switch, HDD, etc.

You name it, I've seen it prevent a post: Keyboards, Mice, Standoff's, Fans, I/O shields, Case headers, USB devices, other bad components, etc...everyone blames the MOBO because they don't know any better.

If the above fails then swap out other known 'good' parts, and if it comes down to it 80% MOBO and 20% CPU.

Chema

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Well, bad news for you, after read all kind of nonsenses (put cables, bios blah blah) that aint the question.
Get PSU 4/8 wires and con./disconnect it, you will discover that your mobo have a nice shortcut.
In fact Asus have a big trouble whit that mobo, ok, ok, it´s very blue cooling...in the front side but ¿in the other side? of course no, they solve that @#@|# in the next models.
Those 8 cables (may be 4) in and out and voila shortcut to the CPU supply discovered.
Conclusion: mobo err fucked and CPU 2.
May be you had some troubles whit keyb. or mouses, they dissapair b4 that...no way dude.
My english aint good, but my knowledge about your problem it´s damn right.