Sign in with
Your question

Haf 912 case

Last response: in Systems
February 25, 2011 5:01:29 PM

Howdy i got the HAF 912 case wondering about power supply on the bottom do i put my psu fan up or down?
mines a modual psu so dont matter about wires. Does anyone know?

More about : haf 912 case

February 25, 2011 5:22:19 PM

Doesn't really matter. Either is perfectly fine. A quick Google of it shows there has been some testing down on the issue, which seems to point to mounting the PSU fan up results in a very slightly lower CPU/GPU temps, but it's immaterial.
m
l
February 25, 2011 5:27:05 PM

Thats the case in my build, I have the fan up and I have my 2600k overclocked to 4.7ghz and I have stable temperatures all around. I believe there is a cut out to put it on the bottom but with so many intake fans cool air shouldn't be a problem pulling into the case
m
l
Related resources
February 25, 2011 5:38:15 PM

I have mine mounted fan-down, which is fine because it's a very efficient Seasonic model known for its efficiency. My computer is also up on my desk, so I don't have to worry about it being on a carpet or pulling up miscellaneous crap from the floor. Of course, it was also my first build, and it just seemed to make more sense (I mean, there's that neato little cut-out, why NOT install the PSU so the fan uses that?), so maybe I made an unwise decision. My temps are perfectly all right, though.

I would also like to mention that the way my case is, the PSU is a closed-loop (pulls air from bottom, blows out back, doesn't have any effect on or from interior airflow), and I worry that having it mounted fan-up might pull in some of the hot air from my second GPU whenever it's active.
m
l
February 25, 2011 6:30:18 PM

With the 2 front intake fans essentially blowing air towards the PSU/GPU and the side fan blowing to the CPU honestly I see no advantage/disadvantage having the fan either way. there you have it, 2 people, 2 different ways, safe temps and working properly. Flip a coin :D 
m
l
February 25, 2011 6:36:32 PM

lol well thanks.. what is good load temps btw i5 760 not overclocked getting like 40-47 c with prime95
m
l
February 25, 2011 6:41:19 PM

akromam90 said:
With the 2 front intake fans essentially blowing air towards the PSU/GPU and the side fan blowing to the CPU honestly I see no advantage/disadvantage having the fan either way. there you have it, 2 people, 2 different ways, safe temps and working properly. Flip a coin :D 

The way I have it is every fan in the back, side, and top blows out, with a single 200mm blowing in from the front (not that a 200mm is insignificant!) I don't have a thermometer or anything in the case, but when I open 'er up and stick my hand there, it is very noticeably cooler than ambient air.
m
l
February 25, 2011 6:53:53 PM

pankadin said:
lol well thanks.. what is good load temps btw i5 760 not overclocked getting like 40-47 c with prime95

Anything less than 70 C with the CPU under load is fine.
m
l
February 25, 2011 8:07:14 PM

hey also wondering if anyone knows if my liquid cooling ran runs at 300rpm to 500rpm is that normal?
m
l
March 7, 2011 5:02:44 PM

I see this is an old thread but was just searching for info on the haf912, in my former builds I have pointed it down with a dust filter and granted that the case has good foot pieces and a dust filter than I don't see why you would point it up, then you will have to deal with the fan collecting dust vs being protected at least from the dust filter, because in my experiences, if the computer is on a desk or not (obviously if its on the ground matters will be worse)but dust is inevitable and at least the dust filters help a bit
m
l
!