Sign in with
Your question

Sound Blaster Sigma headset firmware issue

Last response: in Components
May 27, 2011 11:16:32 AM

Sound Blaster Tactic3D Sigma gaming headset GH0140, I know its sigma bought it still have box, originally it use to display correctly in windows 7 as Sigma. But recently I decided to reinstall all audio drivers on PC due to odd no sound in games. Fix the problem with that.
Well in the process I wondered over to Creatives website to see if I had up to date firmware... well I downloaded it had a string of numbers when it went to install so figured it was newer since it didn't give any warning that it was older... or for my problem that it was installing Alpha, instead of Sigma. So now my headset being with new firmware says its Alpha.
I have no idea how to rollback a Firmware update like you would drivers. And I am unsure if there's a way to just force Sigma firmware to overwrite the false Alpha firmware.

In the mean time headset still works just lacks surround like it had. And weird but convient audio volume boost.

So yeah anyway to rectify a wrong firmware installation back to what it should be?
Thanks in advance.
November 19, 2011 8:58:33 PM

RedASgard said:
Sound Blaster Tactic3D Sigma gaming headset GH0140, I know its sigma bought it still have box, originally it use to display correctly in windows 7 as Sigma. But recently I decided to reinstall all audio drivers on PC due to odd no sound in games. Fix the problem with that.
Well in the process I wondered over to Creatives website to see if I had up to date firmware... well I downloaded it had a string of numbers when it went to install so figured it was newer since it didn't give any warning that it was older... or for my problem that it was installing Alpha, instead of Sigma. So now my headset being with new firmware says its Alpha.
I have no idea how to rollback a Firmware update like you would drivers. And I am unsure if there's a way to just force Sigma firmware to overwrite the false Alpha firmware.

In the mean time headset still works just lacks surround like it had. And weird but convient audio volume boost.

So yeah anyway to rectify a wrong firmware installation back to what it should be?
Thanks in advance.

OK so I figured it out shortly after posting this ages ago, for anyone that happens to do the same dull mistake i did, don't just unplug the audio cable that plug into the adapter for USB take the USB adapter out aswell and all will be good when re-plugged in .... -.- one of those sleepless nights when common sense doesn't connect right :) 
November 24, 2012 4:05:39 PM

I accidentally unplugged the audio cable instead of the whole adapter. And now my sound is all distorted. I tried to plug the audio cables back into the USB adapter and then plug the adapter into the computer but it still isn't fixed. Please help, I really like this headset but the sound quality is horrible right now because I made a stupid mistake.
!