Solved

Can my PSU handle this?

Hi, I'm wondering if my PSU (a Cooler Master extreme power plus 550w) can hande well with an Nvidia Geforce 460 1GB from gigabyte, the SE edition. I'm running a i7 930.

Hope you guys can answer my question.

Cheers and happy Christmas.

EDIT:
I forgot to add that i have an integrated fan in my case, should i use it or i need to remove it?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about handle this
  1. CHEMz said:

I forgot to add that i have an integrated case in my fan, should i use it or i need to remove it?

Huh? :pt1cable:

Jokes apart, the coolermaster extreme series PSUs are not that good.You should get a better PSU.
  2. Best answer
    I tend to agree, While there is nothing wrong with the coolermaster PSU's as such they are not exactly top notch units. I would rather have a PSU with more power on the +12v rails.

Mactronix :)
  3. Tamz_msc said:
    Huh? :pt1cable:

Jokes apart, the coolermaster extreme series PSUs are not that good.You should get a better PSU.

LOL, yeah sorry, i don't know your language 100%, but it was fun.

so i need a better PSU? Then i guess i need to wait 2 months when i have money.
  4. i used this page and it says my PSU supports this Video card.

http://www.coolermaster.outervision.com/PSUEngine

What do i do?
  5. OK, i'm going to do this, i'll buy the video card, this evening i met a boy who has the same PSU AND the 460.

Yeah he is enjoying his games pretty cool, but thanks for the feedback guys, yeah.
  6. Best answer selected by CHEMz.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Cooler Master Graphics