Looking for 2600k mobo

lonewuhf

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
I know all the issues with the recall on the Sandy Bridge mobos, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of any online retailer that may still be selling them. Preferably a mobo with enough SATA3 sockets where I won't even need the SATA2s anyway (4-6 would probably do it). I know a couple from ASROCK have been suggested in the past, but I can't seem to find any online still for sale. Newegg is selling the Sandy Bridge processors again, which is weird to me seeing that they're not selling the motherboards that match them. Any help would be appreciated!

Reason being is that I need to do an upgrade/replace to my processor asap and can't wait until mid March to April. The Sandy Bridges are top of the line right now and I'd be kicking myself to have to rush into another processor that can't really hold a candle to the Sandy Bridges.

^ Yep...
Really though, I see alot of people asking these questions. Can you really not hold off FOR ONE MONTH! It's already March practically.

BTW The CPUs are on sale because the OEM and Motherboard manufacturers asked them to resale their CPUs so that they could use them. The OEM manufacturers already have the fix implemented i believe.

lonewuhf

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008

Sorry, I meant for OCing.

I wouldn't be opposed to using eBay if I have to. Anyone have any suggestions on a board they know has at least 4 SATA3 ports (I know only 2 will be Intel).

lonewuhf

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008

No I don't think I can wait. I'm upgrading for work as an old processor bit the dust.

lonewuhf

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008

I'd much rather put it together myself. I only need to replace the processor, MB, and ram, so the rest is just stuff I won't use.

TRENDING THREADS