D-Link DIR-615

Hello, I recently bought the router stated above, and in the box came a power chord the router and one Ethernet cable. I would like to know exactly what am I supposed to do. In the quick setup it says I need to connect a second cable but I only have one Ethernet cable. I also don't have a modem, so I am completely lost on what I need to do, can anyone please guide me through what I need in order to make this setup work?
3 answers Last reply
More about link
  1. are you saying you do not have a DSL or Cable modem? how are you currently connect to the internet?

usually the modem comes with cable.
  2. Emerald said:
    are you saying you do not have a DSL or Cable modem? how are you currently connect to the internet?

usually the modem comes with cable.

Well, when I first bought this Laptop I used Open Internet Connections around my area.
    Then I decided I need a better source to connect to the internet and the worker at Office Depot
    suggested I buy the router after I told him about my situation. Now I'm stuck because I don't have some of the parts needed.
  3. Either you go back to the Open Internet Connection or you order yourself Internet Service and use your router.

The router will do you no good without a DSL or Cable modem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Routers Ethernet Card Cable Wireless Networking