Sign in with
Your question

Anybody else having corrupted mouse cursor problems?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 24, 2010 1:40:53 PM

I was wondering if anybody has been experiencing this. I have a Radeon 6850 on a single monitor. Every so often the mouse cursor gets corrupted on my PC running vista. Actually usually it's only the "normal select" pointer. What happens is that 1 vertical lines worth of pixels in the pointer gets moved over to the left of the cursor itself. (The place where that line of pixels is supposed to be is basically transparent.) Looks weird but I'm guessing it's a driver bug. (Rebooting my PC gets rid of it.) I guess I'll have to try switch pointer schemes the next time it happens. Anybody else seen this?
December 24, 2010 2:52:57 PM

It's a common problem with HD5000 and 6000 cards, though it was solved several months ago for the 5000s.

The 10.12s are supposed to fix it for the 6000s aswell try installing those.

Though I've never had a problem with my 5850 and i've tried every single driver relase since 10.2 until now
December 26, 2010 6:06:49 PM

dave_d said:
I was wondering if anybody has been experiencing this. I have a Radeon 6850 on a single monitor. Every so often the mouse cursor gets corrupted on my PC running vista. Actually usually it's only the "normal select" pointer. What happens is that 1 vertical lines worth of pixels in the pointer gets moved over to the left of the cursor itself. (The place where that line of pixels is supposed to be is basically transparent.) Looks weird but I'm guessing it's a driver bug. (Rebooting my PC gets rid of it.) I guess I'll have to try switch pointer schemes the next time it happens. Anybody else seen this?

It happened to me with the HD6850, and no, the 10.12, that claims in the release notes to solve the problem, doesn't. At least it does not completely solve the problem. Perhaps it solves problems during Starcraft 2 (I read many people complaining about that, because it made the game unplayable), but I don't have that game, nor do I have the HD6850 anymore (but still managed to test 10.12 to confirm the problem is still there). Besides, it happened on the desktop, while web browsing. Very annoying, although that was not the only problem for me. Some games would hard crash the PC. Especially Crysis and Warhead, and also GTA 4: EFLC. I switched to a GTX 460 1GB.

With the HD6850 I was having too many problems. Me and many others. Check here if you like: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&th...
December 26, 2010 7:16:43 PM

tpi2007 said:
It happened to me with the HD6850, and no, the 10.12, that claims in the release notes to solve the problem, doesn't. At least it does not completely solve the problem. Perhaps it solves problems during Starcraft 2 (I read many people complaining about that, because it made the game unplayable), but I don't have that game, nor do I have the HD6850 anymore (but still managed to test 10.12 to confirm the problem is still there). Besides, it happened on the desktop, while web browsing. Very annoying, although that was not the only problem for me. Some games would hard crash the PC. Especially Crysis and Warhead, and also GTA 4: EFLC. I switched to a GTX 460 1GB.

With the HD6850 I was having too many problems. Me and many others. Check here if you like: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&th...

Somewhat similar to me. I recently installed 10.12 and it was doing it before and did it afterwards. Thanks for the link. Still, I'm going to stick with the 6850 for awhile though. (Better power consumption on the 6850 compared to the 460.)
!