Lexmark Optra E and Win2K

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Hi guys,
I apologize if I post this here, but it's been 2 days that I posted already this problem that I have in the Printers section, witrh no answer yet... I need advice, and I was sure that in this section somebody would have had the patience to write a couple of lines to help...

A lady gave me a Lexmark Optra E Laser printer as method of payment for fixing her computer... she said that she never got it to work, and honestly it looks new... so I figured that it would come useful to print docs, and installed with a simple Belkin Bi-Directional parallel cable to test it... Got the newest drivers from Lexmark site, and used them to install it under my Win98 SE and Win2K partitions... the test page right after installing it came perfect, but whenever I try to print from any application whether it's Adobe PhotoShop or Word 2000, it starts "spitting" out dozens of sheets full of ASCII codes...

I went to check out the printing settings looking to change any "printing mode" or whatever, but I wasn't succesfull...

Can anybody tell me what should I try?

Thnx in advance everybody,

Treppiede

A television may insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in
like a computer.

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Thnx Smilin,
I'll try to find that setting, even though I didn't see it in the printer properties....

Treppiede

A television may insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in
like a computer.