liamthepirate

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Hey guys i am playing F1 2010 and every 30seconds or so i seem to be getting very bad graphics lag, like 3-4 frames a second?

Heres my system specs

AMD Athlon II X4 620 Cpu

4gb ddr3 corsair ram ( only 3.2 is showing up i think)

32 bit windows 7

Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H

Corsair 650w Psu

graphics card Ati 4850hd 512mb

Any ideas?

If there is no L3 cache on your processor and you have low GPU memory all your excess "graphics" are being forced on your hard drive slowing stuff down. You can try increasing virtual ram but you're still going to have problems. Unfortunately some people think it's okay to buy processors without the extra cache. I can sympathize trying to cut corners but there are some things that shouldn't be compromised. If you're a gamer it does matter. Turn your graphics settings down/resolution also.

4745454b

Titan
I'm sort of thinking the same thing. You listed all these nice new things, but didn't list a drive at all. If you're reusing one from an older build, its probably not up to the task of modern programs. You have "4GBs" of ram so I would think you shouldn't have this problem, but perhaps F1 needs to constantly load more data.

it's a luxury, so only when you have a card that is overkill for your game as a card spitting out too many fps for your monitor's refresh rate, typically 60hz=60fps, can ruin the quality and vsync stops this issue.