Climate Rating 101, BUG ??

Last response: in Video Games
May 23, 2005 4:15:35 AM

Just get my new turn and by looking around, I see a world with Heat
Received from Star 93, Stress of 490, BF (Base Frequency) -2, but
Climate Rating of 101.
Though the max where 100 for the climate, is it a bug but never heared
about before.
Shall I send my turn (have no of the other files Tim want) to Tim that
he can see it by his own or can this be noraml and shall do nothing.
(Don't know if it is important, but before someone ask, the next stars
are over 70 LYs away.)

Bye-Bye JoSch.

More about : climate rating 101 bug

May 23, 2005 11:22:20 AM

It could be some kind of integer rounding issue. I've seen planets at
100 climate have the Global Icer on them and end up at 94 sometimes and
95 others. The Global Icer should reduce the climate by 5.

Another nearby system with a hot star may have caused the rounding to
go up to 101 (my best guess).

Magik
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 1:10:01 PM

Temperatures past 100 are treated as 100, so no worries for Crystals.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 5:23:48 AM

Magik schrieb:
> It could be some kind of integer rounding issue. I've seen planets at
> 100 climate have the Global Icer on them and end up at 94 sometimes and
> 95 others. The Global Icer should reduce the climate by 5.
>
> Another nearby system with a hot star may have caused the rounding to
> go up to 101 (my best guess).
>
> Magik

What do you call near hot stars ?
Have written, the next star is over 70 LYs away, is it to near ?
Second, the next stars are all cooler then the star with star heat of 93
and climate 101. Have not scanned a hotter star in my game until now.

Heared the same as you wrote over nearby stars from Tim some time agao.
But this is for me an example that that is not the issue and I'm more the
meaning that therte is a bug (not important but buggy).

Bye-Bye JoSCh.
!