XFX has dual lifetime warranty in North America if registered within 30days. Sapphire is the biggest producers of ATI (AMD) cards. MSI and Asus are known to have good overclock ability and good cooling solutions, HIS is a solid brand.
Those are all companies I would consider buying cards from. It is yours to choose be it based on warranty, value for the money or just the looks, they are all similar quality products.

user_account_

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

Thanks for the help bro just i heard alot of people are flooding overclockers.co.uk with fake positive reviews for HIS BRANDS many thanks again what about zotac and also should really start a new thread. I'm getting really small artifacts in certain games bad GPU maybe but on desktop is fine ...
again thanks

Top Notch would be:
Asus, XFX, MSI.

Second Level would be:
Sapphire, Gigabyte, Powercolor and the rest.

Sapphire being an ATI exclusive do have some good ATI cards.

Reference cards hardly have any difference. So its nothing much to worry about.

Do get the one which offers best warranty and after sales service in your area.

Like XFX is a very good brand we know, but in my country its after sales service sucks so much that we are scared of advising people to go for XFX products.

user_account_

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

Thanks bro I am in England are you from USA or UK?

The Asus DirectCU is the best HD6850 you can buy IMO, especially if you want to overclock. I wouldn't worry about the warranty too much. 3 years should cover the useful lifespan of a video card.

swiftor

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
+1 jyjjy. The Asus DirectCu will be your best option from a performance stand point. It overclocks very well beating the 6870, and stays quiet and cool.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4002/amd-radeon-hd-6850-overclocking-roundup-asus-xfx-msi/8

It's priced higher than other cards though, so if money is a limiting factor you might want to consider another card. If not then go for it.

I was worried about the fact that it's cooler exhausts air inside the case so I ended up getting an xfx dual fan instead, I haven't received the card yet but I'm already regretting that decision. Then again I got it for $172, so I can't really complain.

No... am from way on the other side of the planet! India. Here we do get everything at higher cost, inferior after sales service, lesser choice and lesser product availability and delayed timelines of product release (We would be seeing SB in mid Feb.). :fou:

I don't think you should have any such problems.

As for the DirectCU... it is probably the best in any card model that Asus make! :)

user_account_

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

Totally agree three years is plenty thanks

Bbpsword

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Get the DirectCU. Overclocking is sooo easy with it. And temps are ice cold...and it's perfect. End of story a DirectCU version of any card is almost always the best.

P.S. I have a DirectCU 5850....there's nothing that beats it temps or overclocking. NOTHING. I can easily get to 5870 levels and beyond by a combination of smartdoctor, afterburner, and lots of time spent tweaking.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Its almost the same in India.Intel CPUs are a little overpriced, but AMD CPUs are priced similar to Newegg, except for some models, though the situation is same for graphics cards.A HD 5970 here costs 900$ :pt1cable:

:lol:

Here in Malaysia, we get out CPUs weeks prior to official release date.................

@OP, Asus DirectCU, or MSI Cyclone
Lucky you!!! :ouch:

A HD 5970 here costs 900$ :pt1cable:
Tell me about it. There are no good online shops. Most of them don't accept credit cards, prices are way above shop prices and no one seems to trust them, so the online shops don't have much growth!

@OP: At that price it seems to be a steal! But what happened to your HD6850 plans?

Tamz_msc

Distinguished

Last time I checked, due to low availability most 5970s sell for around 40000 rupees.

user_account_

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

yes that is correct but i understand that the 5850 is better and not that much more in price . I heard that over here the MSI cards aint very good alot of faulty ones

I have had at least 6 MSI cards and all of them have worked fine, the machine I am writing this on has a MSI 8800GT OC that I bought soon after release and it is still doing great.
I would not buy a HD5850 today unless I get it cheaper than the HD6850, the performance difference (about 5%) is not enough to make the old card more expensive.