Sign in with
Your question
Solved

No Picture 5850.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 25, 2010 2:34:35 PM

Hey guys. Just got a brand new Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 2gb OC for Christmas. I was so excited. But i have a problem. When I put it in, i started up my computer I heard 1 beep...two beeps. So i pulled it out, and realized I forgot to uninstall my previous Card. (8800GTX Which is dying RIP). Also, it sounded like the card was working at 100%, fan was on all the way max speed. So i put that back in (8800gtx BTW still worked fine) , uninstalled that software, and also realized that i put only 2 6-pin connectors in the 5850. So redid all of that. now have a 6pin and 8 pin in there. Everything looks ok, plugged in all of that.
When i plugged it back in to my monitor, i got one beep (like normal) but screen just stayed black. My monitor just thinks its in standby mode. BTW, it sounded normal this time around.

So please help if you can. Also sorry for my bad english, yes im american, but being christmas, my brain's already fried =)

Thanks much! System specs SHOULD be below. :sweat: 
JUST ONE MORE THING~ it wont even go into bios ( even tried back2bios button) also, rebooting did not work, so yeah lol.

More about : picture 5850

Best solution

December 26, 2010 2:12:23 AM

try uninstalling all the drivers for ati and nvidia, also if you have an internal gpu go into bios and change the settings for vga boot, enable your pc to boot with no video feedback, this might just do the trick, also make sure you have both ends of your video cable secure in place and in the primary graphics port on your 5850
January 2, 2011 2:30:35 AM

Yeah, no luck. I think it was just a bad card. RMAd and got the 6870 instead cus it was $10 cheaper :D 

Thanks Though
m
l
January 18, 2011 9:09:25 PM

Best answer selected by axisof3vil.
m
l
!