New Build for my brother

Icipher

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Basically my brother's machine has died, and it's time he got a new one. The reason I'm doing this and not him is that he's not too saavy with computers and such, while I know quite a bit more than him, I don't really have any idea on parts so I am asking for your help to assist me in choosing a build for him. Thanks...

Approximate Purchase Date: As his current machine is dieing, propbably very soon.

Budget Range: About £350, althoug he wants about this price, willing to go up to about £500 if the benefits of going that bit more are big

System Usage from Most to Least Important: In his words: "Something that runs WoW well, oh and Minecraft!" So yes basically if it could run WoW with pretty high FPS and with decent settings that's the main thing.

Parts Not Required: Has Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor from previous machine, and I can sort out getting a free copy of W7 though my Uni so OS shouldnt be a problem either.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Probably Amazon.co.uk, seeing as they are trustworthy and quite cheap, if you know of better UK websites then feel free to use them too.

Country of Origin: UK

Parts Preferences: No preferences

Overclocking: Seeing as he is not computer saavy probably not

SLI or Crossfire: No preference if it will make it better at a cheaper price.

Monitor Resolution: I beielive his current resolution is 1680x1050, but not 100%

Additional Comments: This will also be the first machine I have built, so any additional tools or such needed for it would be handy too

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out..

This was my sub 450 quid solution off EBuyer UK if it is within your means hehe
Untitled-426.jpg

Icipher

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks, but does anyone have any more opinions. As I said preferably a bit cheaper as I text him with this build and I'm not sure if he's willing to pay £450 afterall. Thanks though.

Change the processor to something Athlon II based, hopefully X3 if not X4. Which could knock off up to £50. And then you might have to go down to a GTX 460 768MB or 5770, which if you're lucky could save another ~£30, while still having a reasonable gaming card for that type of resolution.

TRENDING THREADS