Sign in with
Your question

Bsod even after I removed sound card?

Last response: in Components
May 29, 2011 5:16:21 AM

Goddamn.

I got the bsod after I installed a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card. I'll recall the entire story. Hopefully, someone can help.

I wanted to make calls in Skype, but it said that I lacked a sound card. So, I ran to the store and bought the Creative Blaster X-Fi sound card. I doubt that the other items will be the source of the problem, but I suppose that I should also mention that along with that, I bought a molex to 8-pin power cable converter, a dvi cable to plug in a second monitor, and a usb cable. I went back home, turned off my pc, popped in the sound card, plugged in the dvi cable to my second monitor, plugged in the usb extender cable, and put in the power converter cable. Again, I doubt any of the other items I installed are the source of the problem, but it's still worth noting.

I plugged in the second monitor, started up my pc, opened up a few programs, noticed that windows detected my webcam and offered to download the driver for it (meaning the usb cable worked fine) decided to check out my devices, clicked "Add Device" and then I saw the bsod.

Yes, I was being stupid by not disabling the onboard audio drivers. Yes, I was being stupid by not installing the sound card driver as soon as I could.

So I started up in safe mode, put in the driver cd, and tried to install it from there but got a few errors. Nevertheless, it gave me a message that the driver was installed successfully. But I still got the bsod.

Then, I disabled all audio drivers from the device manager in safe mode, and from the bios, and removed the card. But I still get the bsod.

I am really really pissed at myself now. I hope someone can help me.

EDIT: Damn damn damn, I was so dumb.
May 29, 2011 5:34:47 AM

Nah, I don't think so. I'm guessing the sound card drivers clashed with each other. (the onboard one and the addon Creative Sound Blaster) So I just disabled all sound, removed the card and ....it still gives me the bsod.
Related resources
May 29, 2011 5:39:26 AM

TomKo said:
Nah, I don't think so. I'm guessing the sound card drivers clashed with each other. (the onboard one and the addon Creative Sound Blaster) So I just disabled all sound, removed the card and ....it still gives me the bsod.

i mean does it bsod at random times?
May 29, 2011 5:44:25 AM

No, it consistently bsod when I start in any mode but safe mode, at the login screen. Not even safe mode with networking works.
May 29, 2011 5:47:16 AM

OH MY GOD, what the hell is happening here? I removed my network card and I don't get the bsod? Why the hell is my network card causing the problems? What's going on???
May 29, 2011 6:30:20 AM

i still think its a driver issUE.i think you might have to try downloading a few driver cleaners.

first method is that you try to uninstall the sound drivers then use ccleaner to clean out the older drivers.
May 29, 2011 6:42:48 AM

Well, I would if I could connect to the net.
May 29, 2011 6:43:21 AM

Also, the sound card itself is not being detected.
May 29, 2011 7:55:30 AM

TomKo said:
Also, the sound card itself is not being detected.

Could you clean install windows?
I cant give you a better option than that.

And which slot is your soundcard located in?
May 29, 2011 8:02:56 AM

My soundcard is in the PCIe x1 slot.

Okay, but I don't have to lose all my data on my hard drive if I clean install, right?
May 29, 2011 8:07:57 AM

TomKo said:
My soundcard is in the PCIe x1 slot.

Okay, but I don't have to lose all my data on my hard drive if I clean install, right?

you have to.Its like cleaning the entire hdd.

try to save your important data on your hdd.Clean install is a great way to make sure its a software/driver problem.I dont think it could be a hardware problem.And has this soundcard been proven to work?

Or is this sound card a new one?It maybe a faulty soundcard.
May 29, 2011 8:19:58 AM

Wait, so how am I going to preserve all of my music, games, documents, and such?

Also, I think my sound card may just be defective. I did a little googling and found other people have had the same problem as I have. Well, that could go for any sound card but this one seems especially retarded to me. And this soundcard is totally new.
May 29, 2011 8:23:19 AM

TomKo said:
Wait, so how am I going to preserve all of my music, games, documents, and such?

Also, I think my sound card may just be defective. I did a little googling and found other people have had the same problem as I have. Well, that could go for any sound card but this one seems especially retarded to me. And this soundcard is totally new.

so you could try to remove the sound card and uninstall all the drivers from safe mode.Then see what would happen.It is a probability that your sound card is faulty.
May 29, 2011 9:05:30 AM

Nevermind, I fixed it!

I had to do a lot of uninstalling and disabling of drivers and entering safe mode and removing and adding and moving around my network and sound cards, but I eventually got everything I wanted to work. Hell, even Skype video calls work now without the added sound card. (That is still not detected)

Thank you for your suggestions though!
May 29, 2011 10:06:13 AM

TomKo said:
Nevermind, I fixed it!

I had to do a lot of uninstalling and disabling of drivers and entering safe mode and removing and adding and moving around my network and sound cards, but I eventually got everything I wanted to work. Hell, even Skype video calls work now without the added sound card. (That is still not detected)

Thank you for your suggestions though!

If there are anymore problems dont hesistate to ask the forums.
!