Sign in with
Your question

Problem Motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 29, 2012 11:14:19 AM

Basically my PC has been 70 degrees for a while now when playing games. It hasn't caused me a problem but i got told to get a new fan for CPU. I decided to check out my stock fan on the i7 950 and clear out the dust. I had planned to go to get some thermal paste from the shop later. I also took my ram sticks out and put back in. I then turned on my PC and i got my motherboard lighting up for 3 seconds at most then off then on repeatedly.I have repeatedly made sure all 6 are in there slots. I have tried it with 3 aswell in each color slot on motherboard. The CPU Fan had little Paste on. The PC is all plugged in. I have rebuilt it a few times..... all i get is same result.
I was thinking it was probably Electrical static in motherboard... but unsure as it could be ram slots or the ram itself... I doubt my Processor would be the problem as i added thermal paste and still does same thing.

Here is video of PC on its own with the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1yzC4LajA&feature=yout...

More about : problem motherboard

January 29, 2012 11:48:44 AM

HOBLEY said:
Basically my PC has been 70 degrees for a while now when playing games. It hasn't caused me a problem but i got told to get a new fan for CPU. I decided to check out my stock fan on the i7 950 and clear out the dust. I had planned to go to get some thermal paste from the shop later. I also took my ram sticks out and put back in. I then turned on my PC and i got my motherboard lighting up for 3 seconds at most then off then on repeatedly.I have repeatedly made sure all 6 are in there slots. I have tried it with 3 aswell in each color slot on motherboard. The CPU Fan had little Paste on. The PC is all plugged in. I have rebuilt it a few times..... all i get is same result.
I was thinking it was probably Electrical static in motherboard... but unsure as it could be ram slots or the ram itself... I doubt my Processor would be the problem as i added thermal paste and still does same thing.

Here is video of PC on its own with the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1yzC4LajA&feature=yout...

When holding CMOS Switch it stays on but no display
January 29, 2012 5:09:01 PM

at the time of start.........does cpu beeps?how many times?
Related resources
a c 143 V Motherboard
January 29, 2012 5:27:47 PM

you took out the cooler and did not clean the old paste and reaply new put everything back and start computer that why this could stop computer cpu protection is coming on
January 30, 2012 10:38:32 AM

I didnt add the speaker to motherboard. Scout are you sure on this
a c 143 V Motherboard
January 30, 2012 6:06:28 PM

you need to put the internal speaker to get the bios beep sound
February 7, 2012 3:34:41 PM

No beep
a c 143 V Motherboard
February 7, 2012 10:46:23 PM

what is the model and number of board
!