AMD Phenom ii X4 955 BE high temperature

nishanth2050

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
Hello,

I have a AMD Phenom ii X4 955 BE processor with ASUS M4N68T-M-LE-V2 Motherboard. my processor temperature is 51C when idle and 66C when full load.

I don't want to overclock it. I just want to lower the temperature even if it downgrades performance. is there any setting that can cool my pc down? i mean core voltage setting or something?

please help

thanks

Nish

h3llbound

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
By all means u dont want more volts. if anything drop volts to make temps lower. But open up your pc, check the CPU cooler if it has dust on it etc. if thats the case you want to clean it out with something air compressed, like 1 of those air compressed cans you can buy. If that fails then perhaps take of the heatsink and check your thermal paste, if it needs to be reapplyed etc.

in addition, you can enable cooling and quite, AMD C1E in the BIOS this reduces the clock of the cpu in the IDLE and reduces it's heat... and if you r running it on stock cooler, get an aftermarket one, it cools down much pretty than stock cooler.

nishanth2050

Distinguished
May 29, 2011

Yup. i set 1.2. now temperature dropped to 57 when full load. i think its okay. cause it too hot here in india now. 42 C is local temperature now :).