Refreshing Boarding, please!

Last response: in Video Games
May 25, 2005 1:30:30 PM

Hi!

I haven't boarded for longer times. So I want to ask if the following boarding rules are still active:

A) If a ship has an active transport inhibitator and 11 fuel or more and 29 or less system damage, then a hostile transfer will
be blocked with a chance of 70%.

B) If the attacker is neither a Fed nor a Stormer nor has he a boarding laser then the hostile transfer will be blocked if the
target has system damage less than 1 and hull damage less than one and shield damage less then one and a shield and more than 5
Crew. If only one of the last conditions are not satisfied then a hostile transfer can occur without the need of having a BL or
being a Fed or Stormer.

C) A hostile transfer to a Fed ship will be blocked if the Fed ships has less than 50 System, shield and hull damage and more
than one crew. But there is no need to have a shield at all as Fed to block a hostile transfer if the other conditions are met.
This rule also holds if the attacker has a boarding laser.

D) A ship with system damage greater than 90 cannot do a hostile transfer at all.

E) A boarding laser has three functions:

a) Enabling a hostile transfers to intact no Fed ships or enough damaged Fed ships at all

b) killing personnel

c) inflicting hull damage.

a) is not dependent of the system damage and only limited by rule D)

b) and c) only occur if

a.. E.1) The system damage of the attacker is less than 50 and the target is neither a Fed nor a Crystal
Only c) occur if

a.. E.2) the target is an Aczanny in an Aczanny hull design with active transport inhibitator (which must have failed to block
the transfer totally)
The damage a BL inflicts to the hull is 3000/(mass+1) + RND * Mode(i) with Mode(1)=4.5, Mode(2)=5 and Mode(2)=6, where "1" stands
for normal mode "2" for Priv advanced mode (the normal mode for Privs) and "3" for Priv xactor mode (if the attacker has the hull
plan of the targeting or is of the same hull)

The total number of personnel which can be killed by a BL is integral multiple of the size of the sent total boarding party and
dependent of the BL mode:

Normal: x 5

Advanced: x 20

Xactor: x 120

So if you wish that your normal operating BL shall have the possibility to kill 1000 personnel then you have to sent 200
personnel.

The kill factors for one BL to the personnel types are (normal, advanced, xactor mode)

Colonists: 0.4, 0.5, 0.9

Crew: 0.1, 0.15, 0.4

Troops: 0.1, 0.2, 0.5

HG: no one at all

F) If both HG combat values are 200 or better then 100 HG super duels will happen (or less if one side looses all its HGs). A HG
super duel will be roled out as follows:

First a 50-50 chance decides whoe can do a deadly strike. Then the chance that one and only one of them will die is HG.C/500.
(HG.C is the HG combat value of the one who kills ). It can only die one of the two HGs who fight a duel.

G) After the super duel phase the HG blood bath starts: The HG losses of the attacker are 5 times the number of the defender
HGs. The losses of the defender HGs are two times the number of the attacker HGs or ZERO if the attacker is a Fed.

H) After this all the other personnel-personnel phases will follow.Important notes: First the HGs will strike to NoHG-personnel.
A HG can kill Max(0;(HG.C-P.C)/10) of troops, crew and colonists P.C is the combat value of the personnel. So 1000 dark lords can
kill (410-40)/10 *1,000 = 37,000 drones. On the other sides too weak HGs can't kill any one.

Same types fight in the order of better experience. A ship is captured if all NoHG-personnel is killed. Remaining HGs won't block
the capture. They escape to own bases.

Everything True?

Initiating cloaking won't prevent getting boarded. True?

An old scan enables the boarding of a cloaker if it still is in boarding range. True?

There was the ability to transfer within a (+-4,+-4) square around the boarding target . Still true?

Combat range is said by some people to be change to 10 light years. If true then slow ships (especially Rebel and EE ships)
suffered a disadvantage. True?

GFM GToeroe

More about : refreshing boarding

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 2:32:42 PM

Gabor Törö schrieb:

> a.. E.2) the target is an Aczanny in an Aczanny hull design with active transport inhibitator (which must have failed to block
> the transfer totally)

The Aczanny have no Transport Inhbitor that's the UA which have it. The
Aczanny have on some ships a Security Device which works as follows:
"Complete negate Boarding Laser kill factor. If ship lost all crew and
guests in battle, this device destroy ship.".

The other seems me correct, but could not teest it in my games, as the BL
on foreign ships no longer work for some races. In my last game as Scav I
could not use the BLs on Deth Specs.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 1:08:22 AM

Thanks.

One question: Did the Deth Spec BLs fail all the time?

GFM GToeroe

"nospam" <j_schwarze_@freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42943cdd$0$24881$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de...
> Gabor Törö schrieb:
>
> > a.. E.2) the target is an Aczanny in an Aczanny hull design with active transport inhibitator (which must have failed to
block
> > the transfer totally)
>
> The Aczanny have no Transport Inhbitor that's the UA which have it. The
> Aczanny have on some ships a Security Device which works as follows:
> "Complete negate Boarding Laser kill factor. If ship lost all crew and
> guests in battle, this device destroy ship.".
>
> The other seems me correct, but could not teest it in my games, as the BL
> on foreign ships no longer work for some races. In my last game as Scav I
> could not use the BLs on Deth Specs.
>
> Bye-Bye JoSch.
May 26, 2005 3:21:43 AM

> Same types fight in the order of better experience. A ship is captured if
> all NoHG-personnel is killed. Remaining HGs won't block
> the capture. They escape to own bases.

In VCR a ship changes side when no crew is left. Colonists, Troops and HG
will not prevent this. I don´t know how it is outside VCR.

Greetings
Sebastian
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:49:34 AM

Nothing to thanks.

I don't try it not often then only 2 times, as I had heared from this
behaviour before (think in this group).
As example a Bird ally + Pirat had no problem to use BLs on foreign ship
designs.

Not sure about the following, only an idea hhow it works. Tims orginal
races with a BL ship in their list can use foreign designs with BLs and he
forgot to make the same for the 3rd party races, or he don'T see the Scavs
Omen as a boarder.

BTW: Thanks for your often good work, as I like to read them. Only the
maths are often to high for me as I'm not so good in it and don't know the
english words.

Bye-Bye JoSch.

Gabor Törö schrieb:
> Thanks.
>
> One question: Did the Deth Spec BLs fail all the time?
>
> GFM GToeroe
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 12:54:02 PM

>> a.. E.2) the target is an Aczanny in an Aczanny hull design with active >> transport inhibitator (which must have failed to block
>> the transfer totally)
>> The damage a BL inflicts to the hull is 3000/(mass+1) + RND * Mode(i) >> with Mode(1)=4.5, Mode(2)=5 and Mode(2)=6, where "1" stands
>> for normal mode "2" for Priv advanced mode (the normal mode for Privs) >> and "3" for Priv xactor mode (if the attacker has the hull
>> plan of the targeting or is of the same hull)

Aczanny not have Transport Inhibitor device. Aczanny Security Device
not block transporter, but negate BL killing bonus and bust defense
power. By idea, this simply automatic lasers/machineguns turrets into
ship rooms and automatic self-destruct system when all crew killed.
June 21, 2005 9:04:17 PM

Hi there !
Well, I am new to Planets 4 and I have a question concerning boarding.
Amd since you all seem to know about how it works pretty well, one of
you might be able to help me :-)
I am playing the CoM in a shareware game. That means, I am the only
one with any ship > Tech 6... or better I would be if there weren´t
these Cyborgs around.
Well, my Virgo beats any Annihilation Class allright (with its
fighters), but the Cyborg player (my identical twin) is threatening me
with his boarding lasers. He sais that he will set my Virgo as Target
for a boarding opperation and since he can beam over up to 2.5 MILLION
Cyborg, he tells me he will simply capture my ship without getting hit
much at all.
I would hate to avoid him and would rather blow up his ships and whipe
that smile from his face...
So, tell me, is there a way to stop him capturing my ship by using the
boarding laser or will I have to keep my Virgo away from his
Annihilation Classes and kill them off with my fighter wings ?
Thank you very much, Honor.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 5:46:05 AM

If you have lot's of fuel you will have no problem fighting him. Light
Speed is more than twice as fast as a cube. Just keep away from him
the first 50 ticks in any turn and he will always have to fight you
before boarding.

Boarding (with weaker ships) is also is a rather tricky thing to do, so
if he's a newbie like you, you'll have the upper hand with your easier
strategy.

Skies

(Just a quick reference: a turn consists of 200 movement ticks. Battle
can occur in ticks 51-200. So basically your Virgo will move 1/4 of
the distance it moves in a complete turn without being able to defend
itself against boarding. That's the first 100LYs with Light Speed and
22,5LY at maximum normal speed.)
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:50:55 PM

or load 2,509,000/[(260-40)/10] = 114,045.454545... HGs on the Virgo. Then
he never can board the Virgo.

Though it is hard these days to get this amounts of HGs and if he comes with
~30 Cubes then the BLs would destroy the Virgo...

:)

GFM GToeroe

"Skies" <jhollanti@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> If you have lot's of fuel you will have no problem fighting him. Light
> Speed is more than twice as fast as a cube. Just keep away from him
> the first 50 ticks in any turn and he will always have to fight you
> before boarding.
>
> Boarding (with weaker ships) is also is a rather tricky thing to do, so
> if he's a newbie like you, you'll have the upper hand with your easier
> strategy.
>
> Skies
>
> (Just a quick reference: a turn consists of 200 movement ticks. Battle
> can occur in ticks 51-200. So basically your Virgo will move 1/4 of
> the distance it moves in a complete turn without being able to defend
> itself against boarding. That's the first 100LYs with Light Speed and
> 22,5LY at maximum normal speed.)

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 4:20:31 PM

So here´s another answer:

Yes, he could send 2,5 M drones to bord you vigo. But if he comes after Tick
50 within 5ly (or 10ly , don´t know exactly) combat occours before he can
board. So as long as the cube is more than 25ly away from your vigo at the
beginning of the turn you have a chance to flee (by flying in the opposite
direction with normal speed). With light speed he has no chance to capture
you at all (only if you fly towards the cube he could board; and the cube is
more than 5 ly away from your Vigo).

Otherwise 2,5M drones are normally things that you put on every cube. So
perhaps he´s yust frightening you.

Keep in mind that if he boards your Vigo all your fighters will vanish.

Greetings
Sebastian
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 4:20:32 PM

> Keep in mind that if he boards your Vigo all your fighters will vanish.

I have a friend who play the privateer host 193
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 4:20:33 PM

> Keep in mind that if he boards your Vigo all your fighters will vanish.

I have a friend who play the privateer host 193

He board EE star destroyer, and the star destroyer wing fight and kill the
star destroyer, this happen even if he tow the star destroyer after the
boarding.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 7:41:26 PM

And also a Cube with 2,5M drones should almost reach a tonnage of 30Mt. So
it is a question if he can maintain the fuel consumption for long.

GFM GToeroe

"Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> So here´s another answer:
>
> Yes, he could send 2,5 M drones to bord you vigo. But if he comes after
Tick
> 50 within 5ly (or 10ly , don´t know exactly) combat occours before he can
> board. So as long as the cube is more than 25ly away from your vigo at the
> beginning of the turn you have a chance to flee (by flying in the opposite
> direction with normal speed). With light speed he has no chance to capture
> you at all (only if you fly towards the cube he could board; and the cube
is
> more than 5 ly away from your Vigo).
>
> Otherwise 2,5M drones are normally things that you put on every cube. So
> perhaps he´s yust frightening you.
>
> Keep in mind that if he boards your Vigo all your fighters will vanish.
>
> Greetings
> Sebastian

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:51:59 PM

Lord Lancelot schrieb:
>>Keep in mind that if he boards your Vigo all your fighters will vanish.
>>

> I have a friend who play the privateer host 193
>
> He board EE star destroyer, and the star destroyer wing fight and kill the
> star destroyer, this happen even if he tow the star destroyer after the
> boarding.

Correct, so it works since a long long time, maybe except the wings have
order "Do not launch", don't know
..
Not such a good idea to board a carrier with lots of fighters if you want
own the carrier, nearly every time it is destroyed by his wings but to
stop an enemy attack it works fine.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:12:41 PM

And how did your Borg friend got an Annihilation in a Shareware game, if I
may ask?

Ralph Hoenig, Germany
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:12:42 PM

By assimilating 100k humanoid +, each time it raise the borg hull tech by
+1, so only 4 pack of 100k is needed from hull tech 6 to 10.

Borg and Robot (instrumentality tech 6)
are probably the 2 strongest race unregistred.

"Ralph Hoenig" <R.Hoenig-Ellenberg@t-online.de> a écrit dans le message de
news: d9c2lt$u7n$03$1@news.t-online.com...
> And how did your Borg friend got an Annihilation in a Shareware game, if I
> may ask?
>
> Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:15:02 AM

> Not such a good idea to board a carrier with lots of fighters if you want
> own the carrier, nearly every time it is destroyed by his wings but to
> stop an enemy attack it works fine.

Good to know. There´s always something one don´t know:)

Greetings
Sebastian
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 2:54:07 AM

Hm, isn´t the hull (or any other) tech level supposed to be reset to
shareware levels if you go over them?

Ralph

"Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> schrieb
> By assimilating 100k humanoid +, each time it raise the borg hull tech by
> +1, so only 4 pack of 100k is needed from hull tech 6 to 10.
>
> Borg and Robot (instrumentality tech 6)
> are probably the 2 strongest race unregistred.
>
> "Ralph Hoenig" <R.Hoenig-Ellenberg@t-online.de> a écrit dans le message de
> news: d9c2lt$u7n$03$1@news.t-online.com...
>> And how did your Borg friend got an Annihilation in a Shareware game, if
>> I may ask?
>>
>> Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:37:04 PM

No. You can do your turn with a shareware client when you did it before with
a registred client and researched above the shareware limits. No reset. This
is why shareware borg can build cubes.

Greetings
Sebastian

!