Asus M4A78LT-M LE best ram

krony_canvas

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Hey there guys, im completely new to the forum, but I saw this site come up many times on questions, SO here we go,

I have a Asus M4A78LT-M LE, now im looking for the "best" ram for the motherboard, i know it can take 1800 and 1600 OC (over clocked) but i would rather just for a 1333 mhz, i have 400mhz so a 1000mhz upgrade it big enough for me :), now i have looked at some ram but im still not 100% if its the best, this is the first ram sticks i saw
Ram 1
Now on the Asus compatibility list it doesnt say its compatible, but Im pretty sure it would work, but i did see, its tailored for I5, I7 and AMD phenom II, but i will be getting myself a
AMD AM3 CPU
Is this the best option or would you think something would be better? also would that RAM work? I did also find
Ram 2
Would 2 of them be better?

Cheers guys

Krony-Canvas

I would go for patriot, kingston, gskill or corsair cl9 ddr3 in either 1333 or 1600. Amd boards seem to run with fewer issues. I'm using 4 ripjaws in one board and two patriot gamer series in another. Both am3.

krony_canvas

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

Any links u could provide mate? if possible ofcourse

tiang

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Try to use the AMD brand ram. The ram is guaranteed for its compatibility withe the processor and motherboard. Maybe you will get extra juice from it!

krony_canvas

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Also a quick question, my motherboard doesnt seem to have brackets for the CPU fan to fin on :(, do you know any websites that sell the brackets? this is the CPU im buying
CPU
It has a CPU fan but does that include brackets?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AM2-AM2-AM3-Heatsink-Retention-Module-Bracket-RM-/370579257794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56483eb9c2. If you think this price is too high, search craigslist for a bad amd board and remove the bracket from it.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
this motherboard usualy come with a black cpu cooler bracket diid you buy it brand new or used,if you got it second hand ask where you bought if they got it been remove for putting a aftermarket cooler