waysideconker

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
So here is the deal, I am currently using a 1280x1024 monitor and running games decently. I want to change to a wide screen format, but i don't want much differences i performance, none if possible. I have a radeon 4670 but considering upgrading to 5670. Is the wide screen monitors that will offer me little to no performance differences even worth buying, will the image be crappy?

Basically performance will decrease as you increase your resolution. Also the higher the resolution the larger the screen. If you are going to bother to upgrade I would recommend getting a full HD(1080p) monitor and an appropriate video card for it. How much exactly can you spend?

waysideconker

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
Im willing to spend about 250$ on a new monitor, but my GPU can only at best be a 5670 due to my PSU. so i want a nice wide screen monitor with ought losing valuable performance. What about 1366x768? most small WS monitors seem to fit this size, will i lose performance there for the more objects on screen due to the different aspect ratio?