Planning to upgrade RAM for Asus laptop, need advice !

faster45

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Hello, everybody, thanks for your time and your efforts !
*I'm having an Asus K53SV - Intel Core i5 2410M 2.3Ghz with Nvidia Geforce GT540M 2gb and 1*2gb RAM. I play some games like Batman Arkham Asylum or Arkham City and it didn't run as well as i expected
*Recently L.A Noire was released and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to play this game smooothly with my laptop
*I've run several system requirement tests via some websites and they all said it passes the minimum requirement of the game and can run pretty fast
*However I still doubt it and still wanna upgrade the RAM since 2gb is now a bit poor for gaming !
*I wanna ask u guys : Is the RAM upgrading from 2gb to 4 gb improve the performance much ? Additionally, as I mentioned above, I've already got 1*2gb, should I buy 2*1gb or 1*2gb RAM ???
****THANKS A LOT GUYS****

Yeah getting 2 1GB sticks will improve memmory bandwidth. Also if you could get the exact ram that is currently in there. RAM only runs as fast as the slowest stick installed and it also avoids conflicts. Make sure that your laptop is plugged in when playing as well so you can get the most out of the system. I would also suggest an external SSD as some laptops come with low rpm drives that really damage performance of the laptop.