Before I forget this idea

What if bad blood among the players/alliances will result in changing abilities against them due to massive hate if the bad blood
exceeds certain levels?

What if a player/alliance becomes the "slaughter of the galaxy" all hostile players/alliances start to get increased
abilities against them?

GFM GToeroe
5 answers Last reply
More about before forget idea

    Gabor Törö wrote:
    > What if bad blood among the players/alliances will result in changing abilities against them due to massive hate if the bad blood
    > exceeds certain levels?
    >
    > What if a player/alliance becomes the "slaughter of the galaxy" all hostile players/alliances start to get increased
    > abilities against them?
    >
    > GFM GToeroe

    I question why you would want this?
    Do you want games to last forever?
    I mean at some point a game has to end right?
    If one player is winning by "slaughter of the galaxy"
    why prolong the end of the game by giving the loosers
    more ability?

    Ok, valid argument.

    Infererior players could tend to stay rather than just leave the game.
    And it also was not meant to implement a forced equilibrium. Just to give a defeated player more fun in his last local battles.

    GFM GToeroe

    Gabor Törö <gfm@gtoeroe.de> writes
    >What if bad blood among the players/alliances will result in changing
    >abilities

    ....like, a Dark Force bonus? (Drat, I meant to capture those colonist,
    but I've accidentally slaughtered them due to unexpectedly high D.F.)

    Maybe there should be a ship bonus fighting against Dark Force races.
    Though knowing Tim, he'd prefer to give one against LIGHT force races.
    --
    Paul Honigmann

    I prefer double edged swords, perhaps abilities and a change at
    "berserker rage". A chance that ships will break orders and attempt to
    attack the race if they are in range, or having all ships sudedenly be
    set to "Hold line" & "Ram". The sight of the raves telltale signature
    drives low experience crew to attack.

    I had suggwsted a while back a "Base Ram" maybe this would be a neat way
    to incorporate it, a MDSF filled with metal and carrying ord Pods could
    be a damn effective weapon.

    al

    Gabor Törö wrote:
    > What if bad blood among the players/alliances will result in changing abilities against them due to massive hate if the bad blood
    > exceeds certain levels?
    >
    > What if a player/alliance becomes the "slaughter of the galaxy" all hostile players/alliances start to get increased
    > abilities against them?
    >
    > GFM GToeroe

    No chaos on purpose, please! Everything which makes the game even more
    unpredictable, will also lead to frustration and loss of fun.

    Kamikaze wasn't very effective in WW II. I would not go beyond
    GloryDevices.

Games Video Games