Before I forget this idea

Last response: in Video Games
May 26, 2005 12:52:19 AM

What if bad blood among the players/alliances will result in changing abilities against them due to massive hate if the bad blood
exceeds certain levels?

What if a player/alliance becomes the "slaughter of the galaxy" all hostile players/alliances start to get increased
abilities against them?

GFM GToeroe

More about : forget idea

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 12:52:20 AM

Gabor Törö wrote:
> What if bad blood among the players/alliances will result in changing abilities against them due to massive hate if the bad blood
> exceeds certain levels?
>
> What if a player/alliance becomes the "slaughter of the galaxy" all hostile players/alliances start to get increased
> abilities against them?
>
> GFM GToeroe

I question why you would want this?
Do you want games to last forever?
I mean at some point a game has to end right?
If one player is winning by "slaughter of the galaxy"
why prolong the end of the game by giving the loosers
more ability?
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 1:14:58 AM

Ok, valid argument.

Infererior players could tend to stay rather than just leave the game.
And it also was not meant to implement a forced equilibrium. Just to give a defeated player more fun in his last local battles.

GFM GToeroe

"minime-hammer" <Dctr__Evil@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1117047902.771896.64530@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Gabor Törö wrote:
> What if bad blood among the players/alliances will result in changing abilities against them due to massive hate if the bad
blood
> exceeds certain levels?
>
> What if a player/alliance becomes the "slaughter of the galaxy" all hostile players/alliances start to get increased
> abilities against them?
>
> GFM GToeroe

I question why you would want this?
Do you want games to last forever?
I mean at some point a game has to end right?
If one player is winning by "slaughter of the galaxy"
why prolong the end of the game by giving the loosers
more ability?
May 26, 2005 3:07:35 AM

Gabor Törö <gfm@gtoeroe.de> writes
>What if bad blood among the players/alliances will result in changing
>abilities

....like, a Dark Force bonus? (Drat, I meant to capture those colonist,
but I've accidentally slaughtered them due to unexpectedly high D.F.)

Maybe there should be a ship bonus fighting against Dark Force races.
Though knowing Tim, he'd prefer to give one against LIGHT force races.
--
Paul Honigmann
Anonymous

I prefer double edged swords, perhaps abilities and a change at
"berserker rage". A chance that ships will break orders and attempt to
attack the race if they are in range, or having all ships sudedenly be
set to "Hold line" & "Ram". The sight of the raves telltale signature
drives low experience crew to attack.

I had suggwsted a while back a "Base Ram" maybe this would be a neat way
to incorporate it, a MDSF filled with metal and carrying ord Pods could
be a damn effective weapon.

al

Gabor Törö wrote:
> What if bad blood among the players/alliances will result in changing abilities against them due to massive hate if the bad blood
> exceeds certain levels?
>
> What if a player/alliance becomes the "slaughter of the galaxy" all hostile players/alliances start to get increased
> abilities against them?
>
> GFM GToeroe

May 26, 2005 10:17:16 AM

No chaos on purpose, please! Everything which makes the game even more
unpredictable, will also lead to frustration and loss of fun.

Kamikaze wasn't very effective in WW II. I would not go beyond
GloryDevices.
!