question about quality

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 31, 2005 8:07:36 AM

I know that everyone has their favorite types of computers and many opinions
about them, but I have a question about one and would like some feedback. I
was wondering about the quality of dell laptops. From the reviews that I
have read dell seems to be ranked fairly well. How do they hold up over
time?

Thanks,

Dustin

More about : question quality

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 31, 2005 9:52:10 AM

I bought a refurbished Dell Inspiron 2650 about two years ago and it
has been very reliable. I've lugged it around without any breakage.

I have a XP software problem, but I've been too lazy to reinstall
everything again. It won't play wav files properly, but I've found a
workaround.

Other than that, I've been very pleased.

David
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 31, 2005 10:10:48 AM

My Inspiron 8100 needed a new video card, LCD, and AC adapter within the
first twenty months. Never dropped or otherwise abused. Extended warranty
service was disgraceful, but Dell eventually replaced everything.

"dustin.mcbride" <dustin.mcbride@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I know that everyone has their favorite types of computers and many
>opinions about them, but I have a question about one and would like some
>feedback. I was wondering about the quality of dell laptops. From the
>reviews that I have read dell seems to be ranked fairly well. How do they
>hold up over time?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dustin

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 2, 2005 4:39:16 AM

On 3/31/2005 5:52 AM, David Sisson <tinbendr wrote:
> I bought a refurbished Dell Inspiron 2650 about two years ago and it
> has been very reliable. I've lugged it around without any breakage.
>
> I have a XP software problem, but I've been too lazy to reinstall
> everything again. It won't play wav files properly, but I've found a
> workaround.
>
> Other than that, I've been very pleased.
>
> David

a lot of strange problems are caused by the cisrv.exe indexing service.
Make sure sure to disable this service if it is pegging the CPU.
!