Canon PowerShot A85 Shutter button

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 5, 2005 8:59:46 PM

I just got the above mentioned camera and I love it!! My only
frustration is with the shutter button. It has this two stage function
that is driving me nuts. I have missed several shots because of it. Is
there a setting to bypass this so when I push the button it just takes
the dang picture?
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 4:26:18 AM

Considering that "1st Stage" is used to achieve focus, you may not be too
happy with all the blurry/out-of-focus shots you end up with if you simply
pushed the shutter button all the way at the outset everytime you take a
picture :p

An alternative is using the manual focus of your A85 and setting it to the
hyperfocal distance (check out this link:
http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html). However, since the A85 doesn't have
any custom modes, this may be difficult to setup easily.

I know that in general, P&S digicams aren't that great in focusing in
difficult lighting situations, but out of curiousity, what kind of camera
did you use before? All the cameras I've used (both 35mm and digital P&S)
have employed this method of composing a shot i.e. half-press to
compose/focus then all the way to shoot.

Terence

<Goldlexus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I just got the above mentioned camera and I love it!! My only
> frustration is with the shutter button. It has this two stage function
> that is driving me nuts. I have missed several shots because of it. Is
> there a setting to bypass this so when I push the button it just takes
> the dang picture?

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 7:59:37 PM

This is my second digital camera. My first one was Fujifilm Finepix 1300 1.3
megapixal. It doesn't have this two stage shutter button. Never had a blurry
picture with it. Just point and shoot.
I am starting to get a little use to the shutter button. Still missing some
shots but not as many.
goldlexus

!