Sign in with
Your question

Odd power supply

Last response: in Systems
February 28, 2011 5:00:21 PM

Hello,
looking for replacement PSU that came in a mini case. the unique part of this psu is that the bolt pattern is square and the fan is on the same side as the power receptical. about 4" deep with power cords (mainboard etc.)on the side, not the back, of the unit. where do i begin searching?

More about : odd power supply

a c 139 ) Power supply
February 28, 2011 5:03:47 PM

Hello boot_sequence;
What is the make and model of the power supply?
Or the make and model of the computer it came in?
You can also measure the LxWxH dimensions of the PSU to make sure you'll get one that will fit.
m
l
Related resources
a c 139 ) Power supply
February 28, 2011 5:09:52 PM

That "power cords on the side" is what interests me
m
l
March 7, 2011 2:54:54 PM

WR2 said:
Hello boot_sequence;
What is the make and model of the power supply?
Or the make and model of the computer it came in?
You can also measure the LxWxH dimensions of the PSU to make sure you'll get one that will fit.

i will be sure to post when i get the unit measured. the size is not the issue, its the orientation of the wire harness for sure.
m
l
March 7, 2011 6:04:38 PM

hey there, thanks for looking out. the pic in the second link is closest to what i am trying to find. still some issues with depth and harness location as mentioned in earlier post.
please don't think i have not looked up and down on newegg! but i do appreciate your time trying to help.
m
l
March 7, 2011 6:12:25 PM

sadams04 said:
Do any of these look correct?

Newegg => Power Supplies + Micro ATX => http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

hi there!
the diablotek looks like the right dimensions for the psu (ive looked at it before) the issue here is that the fan would be right up against the top of the case. if i turn the psu unit upside down (should be able to becasue of the square bolt pattern) then the problem is the wire harness. guess i could cut out some metal and feed the harness down thru the side...? this may be my best bet for modifying the psu as the unit should fit the case because it is the only one that looks shallow enough. CRAZY huh?
m
l
!