Solved

1394 net adapter problem

Hello,i recently bought a Antec computer from a yard sale and i had to assemble it myself, now that i have finished the only problem now is that i am not getting internet, i looked at what it has and it is a 1394 net adapter i need to know where i can find the drive for it so i can get it to work, or do i need something entirely?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1394 adapter problem
  1. Best answer
    1394 is the firewire adapter.

You need to check the computer's ports and in Device Manager to see if the computer has a Network Interface Connector (often called ethernet adapter). You can add one either as a PCI card (cheap) or a USB device (easy to install), either will come with a driver disk.
  2. http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/Itachi_Silver/devicemanager.jpg

here is a picture of the device manager
    i did not see the network interface connector
  3. Judging from the screengrab's multiple Yellow Query Marks the motherboard/chipset driver pack is not properly installed, affecting the PCI slots (maybe the network controller is a PCI device).

Go to the motherboard maker's site (or the chipset maker's site if you can spot which model of chipset is in use) and download the drivers -- you can't just rely on Windows for drivers.

If this a desktop computer, also check the rear panel(s) for an ethernet socket.
  4. Best answer selected by itachi_Silver.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Networking