New Monitor, no signal Help!

jca2200

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Hello, I have a Dell xps 700 win 7 64, bfg gtx 295 video, I just bought a new monitor and this is what happened. I plugged in the new monitor Hanns g 28" 1080p and received no signal. Tried several replugs etc. (DVI-d) Nothing. Then tried replugging the old monitor Dell wf2407p, and now also no signal. Immediately goes into power save mode. When pc boots I do not even see the bios. From a sound point of view it boots normally and I can hear windows start up sounds. Help!!!! By the way the new monitor works fine when accessed from my laptop and so does the old monitor.
Thank You
John

jca2200

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
None of the lights are on, and I don't have another card to try. Seems like quite a stroke of bad luck that the card would be working fine just moments before I plug in a new monitor.

jca2200

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Always learning.... I seem to be out of options, but to replace the card and see what happens. Thanks for the advice. It's not entirely clear what hapened exactly as my son was the instrument of fate, but it does seem likely both the pc and monitor were powered on during the link up.
Thank You

kaibil

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
My Hanns G 28 is a piece of Chinesse $#1t. When there is no activity it goes off (by itself) and takes 24 hrs to turn on. Once it is on, it flickers for an hour after it warms up.
I have a smaller dell 21 inch that never gives trouble. The problem is the amazing quality of chinesse technology. i am pretty sure the middle guy paid $35.00 for the 28" and sold it to us for $200.00.

if you still have warranty, exchange it and expect new problems. Otherwise do a favor to society, TRASH IT and take your lost.

Hexonloire

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Screen seems a bit too big - I've had builds where the pc has struggled with resolution changes, especially when I put in one significantly bigger.

I always keep an analog crt handy and boot into vga mode, set the resolution manually once you get in and voila.