Tags:
  • Computers
  • Motherboards
  • DVD Drives
  • Components
Last response: in Components
May 30, 2011 5:49:28 AM

:hello:  Hello there,
Recently(may be a 5 months back) i had changed my mother board, ever since i changed MB my dvd drive is not recognized by MB, I say this because i can't see dvd drive icon in My Computer but i can see Floppy drive icon in My computer which i had not connected for my pc.

I hope you guys will help me to look at the actual problem.

More about : dvd drive working

a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2011 6:10:01 AM

the floppy drive can be turned off in bios. chances are your dvd drive went when your motherboard did. if the pc dies due to a psu fail then its quite possible you had a daisy chain reaction that killed multiple components.

but as usual check all the leads, make sure everything is configured in bios. check the bios splash screen and see if the dvd drive shows up there. if not then its likley to be dead.
m
l
May 30, 2011 10:39:26 AM

Thanks for your quick reply,
I checked my bios, but it doesn't show my dvd drive and i turned off floppy drive from bios several times but it keeps on showing....

But as you said....
"chances are your dvd drive went when your motherboard did. if the pc dies due to a psu fail then its quite possible you had a daisy chain reaction that killed multiple components."

If it does like that, when i took to my hardware vendor(when the problem started) he made my dvd to work and It only worked for 2-3 times, So i took it again and again but the same problem repeats.....
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2011 11:02:16 AM

1s disabled in bios go into windows system floppy drive and disable it.
it should then disappear from the windows main folder.
is the dvd sata or ide... check the leads make sure there not disconnected.
m
l
May 30, 2011 1:15:35 PM

My dvd drive is ide and all the leads are connected correctly....
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2011 11:14:41 AM

you dont have any other drives connected to the ide lead. like a hdd? if so you may want to check the master/ slave/ cable select jumper.
m
l
!