Newly custom built pc wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

niels123

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Hey guys, So ive been saving up for the past 8 months to get myself a new desktop. So i finally get enough money and i buy this.

Motherboard: Asus P8 Z68-V LX
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda XT 2 terrabyte
CPU: Intel i7 LGA 1155 2600k\
CPU fan: Cooler master
Graphics Card: Asus GTX 560 850Mhz
PSU 750 W
Ram: Patriot Memory G2 series, DDR 3, 1600 mhz, 16 Gb(4x4)
Now the problem is that whenever i try turn it on, this little button right next to the ram starts to flash red. Right next to the button it says Dram_LED, MemOk. I thought that maybe changing my Ram would fix the problem, but it didnt.

Please help guys ive been saving for so long, and now it doesnt work :(

Solution
if you have the "MemOK" button next to your dimm slots press that button and it will generally get your RAM running. It could be that you have uncompilable RAM for your motherboard and may need to get supported RAM.

Check the ASUS website for supported RAM for your motherboard.

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
if you have the "MemOK" button next to your dimm slots press that button and it will generally get your RAM running. It could be that you have uncompilable RAM for your motherboard and may need to get supported RAM.

Check the ASUS website for supported RAM for your motherboard.

Solution

niels123

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Hey, So yeah i did the steps that you said yesterday and it still didnt work. So what i did is i went out and bought another 16 gigs of ram, this time 1333 mhz and it still doesnt work :(

niels123

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012

Hey, So yeah i did the steps that you said yesterday and it still didnt work. So what i did is i went out and bought another 16 gigs of ram, this time 1333 mhz and it still doesnt work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.