wondering a bit about ship combat

Round about 40 Cavalry Gun Ships with PLs one HD and 7 FlC manage to take out a Cube. Now if one adds Merculite Rockets to the
CGSs - thinking now they are better (and they user much more minerals now) - let the vcr end at tick 1431 undecided.

Round about 75 CGSs without the above LWs take out a full armed and equipped Virgo (at same costs). Adding 225 Merculite Rockets
to the swarm let the Virgo win.

Is this ok?

GFM GToeroe
3 answers Last reply
More about wondering ship combat

    Swarming is always more efficient when it comes to combat. Their
    disadvantage is elsewhere.

    I very seldom use MR, so I can only say something to the statistic:
    MR Fusion Cannon
    Approx. Shield Drain / 30 s. 113,8 8,9
    Approx. Armor Drain / 30 s. 3,3 38,9
    So MRs are better if the ship has less armor than shields, which is
    matching what you observed in simulation.

    Gabor Törö schrieb:
    > Round about 40 Cavalry Gun Ships with PLs one HD and 7 FlC manage to take out a Cube. Now if one adds Merculite Rockets to the
    > CGSs - thinking now they are better (and they user much more minerals now) - let the vcr end at tick 1431 undecided.
    >
    > Round about 75 CGSs without the above LWs take out a full armed and equipped Virgo (at same costs). Adding 225 Merculite Rockets
    > to the swarm let the Virgo win.
    >
    > Is this ok?
    >
    > GFM GToeroe

    Seems me not okay.
    Think in the combat code are some or many bugs "hidden" like Solorian
    wings of 9/0/1 Fighter fire about the missile range of the T3 fighter (600
    range) doing the damage of the T1 fighter (900 boom).

    But as I not sim battles and the real battles influenced by player
    settings and decisions and maybe some random factors I have not enough
    data to say much about bugs in this area.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.

    Sparrow, I fear that it almost make no difference which LWs one use unless they are not the high tech ones (BTW: THe CGS can only
    carry SC,MR&SC [30kT] ).

    The main reasons why they lose are:

    1) They tend to spread ealier
    2) The target is being punished away from the initial dangerous high power of the PLs and MRs (with power I mean hit
    effect/tick).

    The results are easy to explain that is not the point. The point is if one really want to have the situation that a swarm with
    additional 8250 kT weapon mass will lose.

    I can live with this because it will reduce the fleet costs immense in a current game, but sense it does not make to me.

    GFM GToeroe

    "Sparrow" <e.kueper@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1117183867.087593.158820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > Swarming is always more efficient when it comes to combat. Their
    > disadvantage is elsewhere.
    >
    > I very seldom use MR, so I can only say something to the statistic:
    > MR Fusion Cannon
    > Approx. Shield Drain / 30 s. 113,8 8,9
    > Approx. Armor Drain / 30 s. 3,3 38,9
    > So MRs are better if the ship has less armor than shields, which is
    > matching what you observed in simulation.

Games Video Games