  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 12:44:40 PM

Round about 40 Cavalry Gun Ships with PLs one HD and 7 FlC manage to take out a Cube. Now if one adds Merculite Rockets to the
CGSs - thinking now they are better (and they user much more minerals now) - let the vcr end at tick 1431 undecided.

Round about 75 CGSs without the above LWs take out a full armed and equipped Virgo (at same costs). Adding 225 Merculite Rockets
to the swarm let the Virgo win.

Is this ok?

GFM GToeroe

More about : wondering bit ship combat

May 27, 2005 12:44:41 PM

Swarming is always more efficient when it comes to combat. Their
disadvantage is elsewhere.

I very seldom use MR, so I can only say something to the statistic:
MR Fusion Cannon
Approx. Shield Drain / 30 s. 113,8 8,9
Approx. Armor Drain / 30 s. 3,3 38,9
So MRs are better if the ship has less armor than shields, which is
matching what you observed in simulation.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:37:46 PM

Gabor Törö schrieb:
> Round about 40 Cavalry Gun Ships with PLs one HD and 7 FlC manage to take out a Cube. Now if one adds Merculite Rockets to the
> CGSs - thinking now they are better (and they user much more minerals now) - let the vcr end at tick 1431 undecided.
>
> Round about 75 CGSs without the above LWs take out a full armed and equipped Virgo (at same costs). Adding 225 Merculite Rockets
> to the swarm let the Virgo win.
>
> Is this ok?
>
> GFM GToeroe

Seems me not okay.
Think in the combat code are some or many bugs "hidden" like Solorian
wings of 9/0/1 Fighter fire about the missile range of the T3 fighter (600
range) doing the damage of the T1 fighter (900 boom).

But as I not sim battles and the real battles influenced by player
settings and decisions and maybe some random factors I have not enough
data to say much about bugs in this area.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 6:39:15 PM

Sparrow, I fear that it almost make no difference which LWs one use unless they are not the high tech ones (BTW: THe CGS can only
carry SC,MR&SC [30kT] ).

The main reasons why they lose are:

1) They tend to spread ealier
2) The target is being punished away from the initial dangerous high power of the PLs and MRs (with power I mean hit
effect/tick).

The results are easy to explain that is not the point. The point is if one really want to have the situation that a swarm with
additional 8250 kT weapon mass will lose.

I can live with this because it will reduce the fleet costs immense in a current game, but sense it does not make to me.

GFM GToeroe