Which mother board to use?

bigkev_96118

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
i want to build my own custom computer.. which components should i use? i will be using a coolermaster haf x case... core i7 processor... it will be mostly for gaming with first person shooters and using photoshop. which graphics card or cards should i use? cooling and other components? and should i go with an ssd drive or multiple drives? im a car mechanic but not a computer tech so i am a rookie when it comes to this stuff...thanks and please keep it in simple terms..haha

A budget to work with would surely be helpful, plus what sized monitor would you be using, what else will you be doing with the rig and what sort of ambient temps is the rig supposed t be working in...
These are some things that can really make a lot of difference....

bigkev_96118

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012

ill probably be using a 24in monitor and it will be in an airconditioned enviornment in the philippines... i have no budget since i make good money so i don't care about costs so much as i do performance... but no reason to go overboard either... i know some cheaper ones are better than more expensive things sometimes... i just want the best hassel free mobo that i can get.. ill order everything from the usa while im here in afghanistan and bring it back there when i return.. i don't want that chinese garbage that they sell there. i won't be doing much else with the computer other than gaming, internet surfing and using photoshop type programs. i want speed and reliability mostly...

bigkev_96118

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012

sorry but im new here and didn't know there was a new build form.. ill fill it out later ..thanks

It is really very difficult to have my imagination running wild like this and dreaming up a system. Most of us here would pick off stuff for you from newegg that'll cost a bomb and yet we'd not have fully finished our dream machine.
But if I were to give an outline to the rig, I'd say a nice and fast Intel processor ( although I prefer AMD myself but most will object) , a good sturdy ROG certified Board or even one of those Classified ones, a PCIe SSD for the OS like the Revo 3, and the upcoming HD7970, plus about 1TB off HDD space should get you going in the right direction.