Is it my videocard failed or something on harddrive? help

kobe2424

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
here is my story, i played AIKO global (online games) while I leveling up my character, it hanged on, i tried to pushed control alt delete, alt tab or even escape to think it will returned to windows but nothing happened. it happened twice, i have no choice but to hold down the power button of my CPU to turned it off.. after which i tried to opened it again and from the booting up to the windows, it doubles the letters, the icons and even the mouse not working properly.. and then the display turned blue and said "error has occur...." and automatically turned the display off fast that's why i don't even read the error fast.. but the CPU is working...
My friend told me that its in the video card that failed and one of my friend told me its in the memory or in the hard drive.. i don't know where is it the problem.. can anyone help me? im using NVIDIA geForce 6 series (256)

venjhammet

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
First thing you need to do is try removing that video card and plug the monitor direct on your motherboard and boot up and see if everything is okay. Ram can also be an issue. try this link http://hcidesign.com/memtest/purchase.html. Used memtest to test your rams for error. Also have your PSU check and clean, might be overheating.

kobe2424

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010

sir, i'm still using my computer and still it runs properly but its good for about 3-4hours and after that it will hanged on.. and if you don't mind what is PSU? thanks.