Armada M300 vs Thinkpad 600x

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
March 31, 2005 11:23:35 PM

Can someone with knowledge of the above two machines advise: is the 600x
screen much brighter than the M300 screen? As much as I like my M300
(P3-600), the semi-dim LCD combined with the 12.1" screen is starting to
drive me nuts.

As much as I like the ultra light weight of the M300, I'd like to try
the 600X in a P3-650 since it can take more memory and supposedly has a
better keyboard (plus the upgrade possibility of the CPU), from what
I've read here--but no one's mentioned the screen brightness/contrast.

Anyone?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 31, 2005 11:23:36 PM

Sepp wrote:
> Can someone with knowledge of the above two machines advise: is the 600x
> screen much brighter than the M300 screen? As much as I like my M300
> (P3-600), the semi-dim LCD combined with the 12.1" screen is starting to
> drive me nuts.
>
> As much as I like the ultra light weight of the M300, I'd like to try
> the 600X in a P3-650 since it can take more memory and supposedly has a
> better keyboard (plus the upgrade possibility of the CPU), from what
> I've read here--but no one's mentioned the screen brightness/contrast.
>
> Anyone?

i personally am partial to thinkpads. I used my trusty 600e for years
and it is still chugging along, be it slowly by today's standard.

in going to 600x, a brighter screen , ur trade off would be on operating
battery life. As i understand it, the stock 650mhz 600x had been known
to have heating issues as well. you may want to upgrade the mmc2 cpu to
the newer and cooler 700,750,800 etc; abeit not really user
installable, you may need professional installation.
!