New pc for 3d/gaming/render

Tags:
  • New Build
  • 3D
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
March 1, 2011 3:03:08 AM

Well foremost... I have to tell you that Im from Bolivia and Im a 3D student on formation, so as you know I need to buy a kickass pc (I also are a HUGE fan of videogames) =) but in my country isn`t a only ***%ng DDR5 videocard, so make conclusions... cause that I decided buy one from USA. My budget its about 3000$ but in the 3000$ isnt included the cost of shipping and taxes... so my real budget for pc parts its about 2000$-2300$. Shitti I know...

Oh and as you note im not too good at English...

Well I have a little quote on COMPUSA.com and Tigerdirect.com and I think I have what Ive been looking for, but I have a seriously doubts about it =S and I hope (Im sure) that with you Holy-help I will resolve them.=)

Ok the quot is the next:

PSU: Ultra X4 1050-Watt

Case: (HERE IS A PROBLEM!) Im searching for a goodlooking case cause from 3-4 years by now I will sell this pc but mournfully here the first thing that its important is the exterior. its a CRAP I know... but Im gonna also enjoy it that time =D.
As I also looking for a useful case (good air flow, space for GPU etc etc...)

the contenders are:

the thermaltake Speedo Advanced (I love all Stuff that it haves but isnt to nice)

The thermaltake Level 10 GT (GT cause the 700$ one is not an option =( ) ( this kickass on design but the airflow isnt to good to me... what do you think about it??)

The NZXT Phantom (well the inbetween of the last two)

RAM: Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A 1600c9 "vengeance" 16GB DDR3

HDD: Westerm Digital Caviar Green 2TB sata 3 (and maaaaaybe one of 500Gb for OS) (I add more latter)

Drive Reader: A Hp Blu Ray "combo" Drive

GPU: EVGA GTX 580 "SuperClocked" no presentation required but... (PROBLEM!) I have to sell an eye for a FTW Hydrocooper 2??? im planing to leave the pc on all night long rendering and downloading from internet... so for that... its required a hydro system??? (I add 1 more like this later)

CPU/PROCESOR: (Ok this is the most shitti part... Im looking for pc that i can upgrade in a while... so its required to have the last tech... but the question is this:

Pay for a i7-2600k? for the last tech but that im not gonna use? (for the P67 MOBOS that doesnt allow the GPU on it) (Intel SWEAR that the next generation of cpus will be retrocompatible with this socket)

or

Pay for a i7 970 (yeah this is probably by the price cut, you know) but that will be not upgradeable. (HELP PLEASE!!!)

CPU COOLER: Im seriously thinkin in purchase a corsair H70 or another Hydro system if you recomend a FTW hydrocooper 2. another option is an Utra ChillTec at the same price or a V8-V10 cooler master one. what do you recomend?? i remember you that the pc will be almost 24/7 working.

MOBO: .If the i7 2600k is what you say, im gonna go for a EVGA P67 SLI that its coming soon.

If you say the i7 970 im gonna go for a compatible Gigabyte one (that cause im dreaming that I can have a Hackintosh haha =) you know how much fanmac the graphic designers are, so I can level up the compatibility with them=) )

UUUFFF! ok thats all... if we consider only the first options of each one the cost is 1907$ on USA... in my country all cost about 2650$... so it stay on the expected

So as you see there are a "few" (well a lot haha) issues... can you help me on the issues from above pleeease do you think this is a good machine???
what can you recomend to a person who will use it 24/7 for 3 or 4 years??
what pc do you think a pro 3D designer have to have? (I hope that was well spelled )

Can you PLEAAAASE!!!! help me???? im purchasing the pc on March and I still undecided. PLEEEEASE! I will be eternally grateful!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!

ooh... and please forgive my poor english! =D

More about : gaming render

March 1, 2011 7:44:36 AM

Do not get an "Ultra" power supply...not good. Also 2 gtx 560 > gtx580

A decent 750w psu is all that is needed for two of those cards.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... $109.99
Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 Power Supply - 750 Watts, ATX, 140mm Fan, 80 Plus Bronze, SLI Ready, Active PFC

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... $249.99
Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), Dual DVI, HDMI, DirectX 11, SLI Ready

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... $31.99
Corsair CAFA70 A70 Air Series Performance CPU Cooler - 120mm, LGA 775, LGA 1366, LGA 1156, AM2, AM3

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-s-First-Z68-Mother... <--- Z68 motherboard for Sandy Bridge
m
l
!