bheslar

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Hey guys, thanks for checking this out. I am planning a build once the Sandy Bridge Mobo's come out, please give me feedback on my plan. This is my first real build. I'm flexible on everything, but I would like an i5 (you know that feeling where you don't know WHY you want something so bad, but you HAVE to have it?) and since the 2500k is only $15ish more, I think it makes since so that I have the option to O.C. in the future.

This build will be for Mediumish gaming, web, hd video viewing, etc.

Case:CM HAF 922 ..............................110.00
CPU: i5 2500k.....................................230.00
Asus P8P67.........................................160.00? (Can't really find prices, since they are all out-of-stock atm. What is expected re-release price?)
Kingston HyperX Blu 4gb......................0.00 (I already own this for some reason....otherwise I would buy something else)
Samsung Spinpoint F3 .........................50.00
XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770....137.00
OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W............70.00

Don't need-mouse, keyboard, OS, speakers, Monitor (own Asus vh242h, 1920x1080)

Total......................................................770ish

I would absolutely love to drop the price down on this to as cheap as possible without losing performance. I can save a little if I switch to a CM Storm Scout, will this all fit? I can't find any other MoBo information (pricing) but I am def. open to getting a different (cheaper, but quality) MoBo. I am not really fluent in the hidden language of GPU's so any help there would be appreciated. PSU. def. need help there... Suggestions? Thanks so much gents.

This build will be for Mediumish gaming, web, hd video viewing, etc.

I would absolutely love to drop the price down on this to as cheap as possible without losing performance

The reason u find pricing high is because u did not configure as per neeeds ans $700++ just on a HD 5770 when 1920 x 1080 gaming is on the table and no render/encode hardcore is needed represents poor return of investment for what u need the machine to do for you...

Hello bheslar;

Do you already have a DVD burner you can use?

No one knows for sure what the prices will look like when the boards are available again.
If the demand is very high and the supply is limited you can expect prices to be above what they were before the recall.

Have you considered the Core i5-2400 3.1Ghz quad in a H67 motherboard?
It's not going to be the first choice of hard core gamers but for someone wanting just "Mediumish gaming" and excellent everything else and needs to spend less it's a good option.
Core i5-2400 & H67 won't OC like a 2500K and P67 but you will be able to bump it from 3.1Ghz to around 3.6Ghz.
You could save $35 on the CPU and another $50 or so on the motherboard.

bheslar

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Yep, I already have a DVD/CD Burner that I am planning to use. Also, Batuchka, I am fine with the pricing how it is, I was essentially asking if I was spending money somewhere that is inefficient.

$710AR and still room to crossfire?
Untitled-2068.jpg

bheslar

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
I prefer Intel and kinda want Sandy Bridge, how is this for my 1920x1080?

Case: Haf 192 (60)

CPU: 15 2500k (230)

MoBo: ????? (180)

GFX: Asus Radeon HD 6850 (180.00)

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast 650W (90)

Ram: Kingston HyperX Blu (Owned)

Optics: Asus DVD-RW (20)

HDD: Spinpoint F3 (50
Total----------------800 before rebates

I feel like I am missing something... I am really going to feel like an idiot if I post this and something crucial is missing.Spin

Haf 912 case (typo)
What model of HyperX RAM do you have?
CPU/MB/RAM
HDD/ODD/GPU
Case/PSU The 650W PSU says you might be thinking 2x HD 6850?
XFX XXX P1-650X-CAG9 650W $65 a/r or XFX XXX P1-650X-CAH9 650W $69 both have 4x PCI-e power connectors and modular cables.

That's the basics, all covered.
Did you want a CPU cooler? CM Hyper 212+ $30 Operating system?

For motherboards, you might want to have a top 3 or 4 list of ones you'd be OK with.
The rollout might not be a smooth one with spot shortages, higher prices, etc on popular models.
ASRock P67 Extreme4 / Asus P8P67 Pro / Gigabyte P67A-UD4
P67 Motherboard Roundup: Nine $150-200 Boards

Be sure to let us know how things work out.

Here is a Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC

Look over the forum's "System won't boot" checklist to see some of the common build errors and how to avoid them.

-> The usual advice; read the manual / install guide; look at the parts, read the manual again and if everything makes sense and looks right - then go ahead with the install.

While you're waiting you can download the online version of the motherboard manual and start getting familiar with it. Same for the other parts you want to order if they have install guides or manuals available.

-jB

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
im really learning a lot from you guys . wew . i already read both of that and im confident that i can buiLd my computer ^^

i got addicted reading . geez . ill be needing a lot of heLp from you guys . before i buy the parts for my computer but thats far from the reaLity ( next 2 or 3month ). :DD so right now ill just hang around in here and learn .