Z68 Fatal1Ty GEN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyWalker1726

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Hi ,
i recently upgraded to a ASrock Fatality Gen3 board and i'm experiencing Strange Problems with my Crossfire system .
i didn't have any problem with my ASUS Z68V-Pro , but since changing the mainboard , i cant get my PC to work like it should .
here is my problem .

first of all my Crossfire is a combination of a 6990 with a 6970
the problems starts when i start disabling the Onboard devices that i do not need , like HD Audio or ASmedia Sata 3.0 Controller , The computer won't Post anymore after disabling these devices and restarting the PC ( either it freezez at the Boot screen Logo , or it enters the setup menu automatically ) , but this only happens when i have 2 vgas installed . if i only use my 6990 , i can disable whatever onboard device i want with no problem at all ...
it';s kinda a weird problem , and one i didn;'t have with the V-Pro , is this something to expect from a GEN3 ??!!
any help would be appreciated
thanks

Solution
solved the issue , the problem was from the ........ KEYBOARD ,
as strange as it seems like, after reading some post on asrock forums , found out that this mobo behave strangely when an "Uncompatible" Keyboard is pluged into it , and that a BETA Bios , IMPROVES the compatibility with other KBs , so i flashed the BETA bios and it COmpletely Disabled the Kb until the Windows boot ( G510 ) . tried with another KB and it just works fine in the Bios Setup .
so used the other Kb to change the bios setting , saved them , unpluged the Kb , and then pluged back my Logitech G510 , and everything seems the be fine :)
Well you are talking about two different manufacturers and they naturaly make thier boards a little different. Why are you disabling these things? If the MB works with them enabled and not when they are disabled then I would leave them alone.

SkyWalker1726

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
solved the issue , the problem was from the ........ KEYBOARD ,
as strange as it seems like, after reading some post on asrock forums , found out that this mobo behave strangely when an "Uncompatible" Keyboard is pluged into it , and that a BETA Bios , IMPROVES the compatibility with other KBs , so i flashed the BETA bios and it COmpletely Disabled the Kb until the Windows boot ( G510 ) . tried with another KB and it just works fine in the Bios Setup .
so used the other Kb to change the bios setting , saved them , unpluged the Kb , and then pluged back my Logitech G510 , and everything seems the be fine :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.