Geforce GTX 465 won't display second monitor

jessisue08

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Hello,

I am running a GeForce gtx 465 on my desktop. I just got the Samsung SyncMaster T240HD, and I also have the ViewSonic VA2323wm monitor. Yesterday I had the HDMI plugged into the Samsung and a DVI plugged into the ViewSonic to have dual monitors.

I was trying to get the res on CS to look correct at 1920x1200 (It was skewed), so I turned off my system and unplugged the monitors, plugged in both DVI cables. Only one monitor would be detected when I did this. So I turned off the system and plugged everything back in the way it originally was - HDMI to Samsung, the left DVI input went to the ViewSonic. Now the graphics card will only detect the Samsung monitor. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, I've tried installing the ViewSonic driver, I've tried getting Windows 7 to recognize the second monitor, but nothing works. It's as if it's not even plugged in. I've also used two different DVI cables - one of which is a Monster DVI-D. (I believe they're both DVI-D.) Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

hansen_utah

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

jessisue08,

Did you ever get this situation sorted out, if so what did you do?

Thanks

leo