Compaq Presario 2100 Doesn't Boot

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 31, 2005 7:48:29 PM

My daughter's Compaq Presario 2100 doesn't boot. She seems to have
mislaid all the associated software. When you power it up it goes to a
boot screen with a range of options (Safe Mode, etc). I've tried them
all and none of them work. Each time the result is the same: you select
an option and within a few moments it goes to a blue screen, but too
fast to read what any of it says. Then it powers down, powers back up
and either automatically or manually (if I've hit F8 to get to that
boot screen) it goes through the same blue screen-powerdown-powerup
process. I was thinking of creating an emergency floppy disk but the
unit seems to have no floppy drive.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 1, 2005 7:04:20 PM

System disks?? Sounds like a reinstall time or at least pop the XP
home cd in and run the repair recovery console. If you can pull the
drive and run it on an external drive enclosure with another machine
running XP you may be able to run CHKDSK to repair the damaged
files.. Could be anything from a virus to hard drive gone south. Blue
screens could also be a hardware problem with the laptop. Try blowing
the furrballs out from the fan assy vents first..
!