Asus rampage iv extreme

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
does this thing support ssd cachein?? i asked this b4 but got an ambiguous answer. does anyone know from first hand if they were able to get ssd cache to work?

After a month of having this board , you are still trying to get it to work..... with SSD Caching....

Did you see the video that was posted in your first question about this earlier?
Did you follow the steps that were provided by that guy?
What SSD are you trying to use for caching?

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

after a month of asking no one can give me a straight answer.
1, i dont have the processor yet because its been all out of stock
2, it doest have that asus ssd cache in the program suit (2) it comes with
3, i cant follow the steps in the video because of 1, and 2
4, im using a ocz vertex 2 40gb
5, yes i saw the video im only making another thread because it didnt work. isnt that what your suppose to do?

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

thank you.. actual proof from ownership.

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

ok so their for different mobos.. so how sure are you that this will work?

It's a software, how dangerous is it going to be to try after spending big bucks on a mobo and missing out on a feature which half the world wants but can't afford?
lol.
You download it, install it and let us know. Of course after you get the processor I guess.

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

it could be very dangerous and up my whole thing.. so yea...

Well,you're mistaken. It can't do crap to the rig, it's a OEM Software, and they are the safest to fool around with. Especially since they say, USE a empty SSD.... I really don't see it effecting the hardware in ANYWAY what so ever, no controllers messed with, no BIOS setting sc***ed around with, no thermals effected.
But since you FEEL, that it could effect the rig. You ought to stick with just using the given features that the Mobo Manual and literature suggests...

So bottomline. If this satisfies you, is your mobo doesn't support SSD caching.

I have a Sabertooth X79, same ASUS SSD Caching, you need to use the ASMedia or Marvell (not Intel) SATA3 ports. Then open the AI Suite and configure from there; I never install the AI Suite. IMO it's a waste, and I have no desire to use it or set it up.

I have a large SSD and if I want really fast then RAID 0 SSD's, or SSD + RAM Drive (or RAM Cache). Cache drives have a very short lifespan with constant Writes, in contrast a dedicated SSD MUCH few writes.

If you don't have your CPU yet then How are you running into epic failures??

-- edit fixed ASMedia oversight.