Best attack configurations to capture pods

Last response: in Video Games
May 28, 2005 12:42:39 AM

So far my ships destroyed all enemy pods, and pod that enemy captured in
vcr, my ships did ot capture them back, but blow them away.

Do you need to have other setting ?

Capture ?
Intercept ?

some kind of weapon (small disruptor) ?
will pusled laser work ?
Thanks in advance
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:11:55 AM

You don't need any weapons at all to capture a pod. Just set a
"Capture" mission on the pod ID and make sure "Attack Soft" is off on
all ships with weapons so you don't blow the thing up. Once you
capture it, it will become your pod, and then you can command it.

-- Karnak Prime
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:19:00 AM

Oh, and as far as the Intercept mission, the last time I tried it on a
pod combined with a Capture mission (a long time ago), it didn't work.
If that is still the case, you will have to arrange to be at the same
X,Y as the pod without the help of your Intercept computer.

-- Karnak Prime
Related resources
May 30, 2005 6:10:08 AM

I have never experienced this so called 'Combined Intercept and Capture
Mission' bug. The Intercept and Capture has always worked for me (Most
Recent Host).

Notes:
1) With 'Capture'. You can only capture one pod per turn per ship.
2) Your ships final position and the position of the pod must be the
same when movement is complete for the 'Capture' to work.

(There was a problem with intercept & tow [general movement] which
caused the intercepting ship and target object to end up 1ly away from
each other. Tim fixed this movement rounding error in a previous host,
which would have also fixed the above experienced bug.)

Karnak Prime wrote:
> Oh, and as far as the Intercept mission, the last time I tried it on a
> pod combined with a Capture mission (a long time ago), it didn't work.
> If that is still the case, you will have to arrange to be at the same
> X,Y as the pod without the help of your Intercept computer.
>
> -- Karnak Prime
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 10:23:32 PM

Dont forget that when you set a ship to intercept an object.. Once it
finishes with the intercept it will either

- follow its waypoint route again
- if none- be dead in space.

just set the ship to either
intercept - then TOW (to stop the pod from drifting away until capture
time)
or set your ship to escort rathen than intercept ;)
May 31, 2005 6:07:51 AM

It will follow the waypoint after intercept only after the intercept
target is destroyed. The intention here is not to destroy your target
but to capture it, therefore it will not follow the Escort or Waypoint
targets.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 11:17:35 AM

scumm_gel@yahoo.com schrieb:
> Dont forget that when you set a ship to intercept an object.. Once it
> finishes with the intercept it will either
>
> - follow its waypoint route again

That's not correct, it may sometimes follow it's waypoint after intercept,
but from my expiereence mostly not.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 11:59:22 AM

well not necessarily..

not tried it with recent hosts of course but
when I intercept early (before movement tick 50) when I reach the
object i was intercepting.. I then STOP intercepting it. Intercept
order gets cleared...

I guess that's why I set the ship to Escort.. It goes after the target
then follows it :)
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 6:44:50 PM

Doc schrieb:
> It will follow the waypoint after intercept only after the intercept
> target is destroyed. The intention here is not to destroy your target
> but to capture it, therefore it will not follow the Escort or Waypoint
> targets.

As you can read in my above posting, I answered only to the point "...
intercept it will either - follow its waypoint route again" and wrote that
that often not work.

And what you write if the target is destroyed then my ships and wings
often DON't follow it's waypoint setting and sometimes threy land in
nowhere flying more LYs then they could by normal warp speed.

And you forget that you can lost the scan to the intercept target and in
this case it can no longer intercept it. Had this sometimes too.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
!