Best attack configurations to capture pods

So far my ships destroyed all enemy pods, and pod that enemy captured in
vcr, my ships did ot capture them back, but blow them away.

Do you need to have other setting ?

Capture ?
Intercept ?

some kind of weapon (small disruptor) ?
will pusled laser work ?
Thanks in advance
8 answers Last reply
More about best attack configurations capture pods

    You don't need any weapons at all to capture a pod. Just set a
    "Capture" mission on the pod ID and make sure "Attack Soft" is off on
    all ships with weapons so you don't blow the thing up. Once you
    capture it, it will become your pod, and then you can command it.

    -- Karnak Prime

    Oh, and as far as the Intercept mission, the last time I tried it on a
    pod combined with a Capture mission (a long time ago), it didn't work.
    If that is still the case, you will have to arrange to be at the same
    X,Y as the pod without the help of your Intercept computer.

    -- Karnak Prime

    I have never experienced this so called 'Combined Intercept and Capture
    Mission' bug. The Intercept and Capture has always worked for me (Most
    Recent Host).

    Notes:
    1) With 'Capture'. You can only capture one pod per turn per ship.
    2) Your ships final position and the position of the pod must be the
    same when movement is complete for the 'Capture' to work.

    (There was a problem with intercept & tow [general movement] which
    caused the intercepting ship and target object to end up 1ly away from
    each other. Tim fixed this movement rounding error in a previous host,
    which would have also fixed the above experienced bug.)

    Karnak Prime wrote:
    > Oh, and as far as the Intercept mission, the last time I tried it on a
    > pod combined with a Capture mission (a long time ago), it didn't work.
    > If that is still the case, you will have to arrange to be at the same
    > X,Y as the pod without the help of your Intercept computer.
    >
    > -- Karnak Prime

    Dont forget that when you set a ship to intercept an object.. Once it
    finishes with the intercept it will either

    - follow its waypoint route again
    - if none- be dead in space.

    just set the ship to either
    intercept - then TOW (to stop the pod from drifting away until capture
    time)
    or set your ship to escort rathen than intercept ;)

    It will follow the waypoint after intercept only after the intercept
    target is destroyed. The intention here is not to destroy your target
    but to capture it, therefore it will not follow the Escort or Waypoint
    targets.

    scumm_gel@yahoo.com schrieb:
    > Dont forget that when you set a ship to intercept an object.. Once it
    > finishes with the intercept it will either
    >
    > - follow its waypoint route again

    That's not correct, it may sometimes follow it's waypoint after intercept,
    but from my expiereence mostly not.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.

    well not necessarily..

    not tried it with recent hosts of course but
    when I intercept early (before movement tick 50) when I reach the
    object i was intercepting.. I then STOP intercepting it. Intercept
    order gets cleared...

    I guess that's why I set the ship to Escort.. It goes after the target
    then follows it :)

    Doc schrieb:
    > It will follow the waypoint after intercept only after the intercept
    > target is destroyed. The intention here is not to destroy your target
    > but to capture it, therefore it will not follow the Escort or Waypoint
    > targets.

    As you can read in my above posting, I answered only to the point "...
    intercept it will either - follow its waypoint route again" and wrote that
    that often not work.

    And what you write if the target is destroyed then my ships and wings
    often DON't follow it's waypoint setting and sometimes threy land in
    nowhere flying more LYs then they could by normal warp speed.

    And you forget that you can lost the scan to the intercept target and in
    this case it can no longer intercept it. Had this sometimes too.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.

Games Video Games