imaurer269

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
So I have been building PC's for myself/friends lately and now branching off doing work for clients/strangers now. People have been asking me if they can get a dedicated graphics card but always want to keep the cost down. My question is are there any cases w/psu's that don't have total junk PSU's in them. From everything I read on here its a big no no to use the PSU in a case that includes one. I swore I saw once that somebody said this models PSU isn't too bad: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119210 I have always used a 40-50 dollar case and 40-70 PSU(usually Antec or Corsair). So would like to know if anyone would ever use or recommend a case w/psu in the 50-75 dollar range. Thanks!

Solution
The Antec Sonata Series uses Earthwatts units which are pretty good, they have some other cases with Basiq units in them, those arent quite as good as the Earthwatts units but are acceptable, Antec cases with PSUs are the only ones with preinstalled PSUs that i would ever consider. I would stay away from low powered cooler master units.

You might just want to stick with cheaper but still good PSU units like the Corsair 430CX and the Antec Neo 520
The Antec Sonata Series uses Earthwatts units which are pretty good, they have some other cases with Basiq units in them, those arent quite as good as the Earthwatts units but are acceptable, Antec cases with PSUs are the only ones with preinstalled PSUs that i would ever consider. I would stay away from low powered cooler master units.

You might just want to stick with cheaper but still good PSU units like the Corsair 430CX and the Antec Neo 520

Solution

The power supply unit that is included in the COOLER MASTER Elite 310 case is the Thermal Master TM-420-PMSR OEM'd by Sun Pro Electronics.

It can't deliver its labeled 420 Watts. The sticker says the single +12V rail is capable of 16 Amps. That PSU is based on an outdated +5 Volt heavy design.