Sign in with
Your question
Closed

PhysX Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 27, 2010 8:03:53 PM

I have decided to get myself a GTX 580 (waiting for them to get in-stock ATM) but I don't know if I should get a dedicated PhysX card or save that cash for SLI later on (and I mean later)

I don't know a whole lot of games that support it, but I play Metro and Crysis.
I might be picking up Batman GOTY too but we'll see.

More about : physx card

Best solution

a c 595 U Graphics card
December 27, 2010 9:16:09 PM

A GTX 580 is plenty for graphics and PhysX without the need for a dedicated PhysX card. Save the money for SLI.

Here is an article explaining the PhysX effects found in Batman: Arkham Asylum and a comparison of the performance of some (older) video cards with and without various dedicated PhysX cards.
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/articles.php?articleid=13...
December 27, 2010 9:33:40 PM

Thanks for the info matto, now for a closing question.

Should I get it from GIGABYTE now or wait and buy it from EVGA?

I don't know much about GIGABYTE's warranty but I do know EVGA has an amazing reputation.
Score
Related resources
a c 595 U Graphics card
December 27, 2010 9:40:07 PM

sowexly said:
Thanks for the info matto, now for a closing question.

Should I get it from GIGABYTE now or wait and buy it from EVGA?

I don't know much about GIGABYTE's warranty but I do know EVGA has an amazing reputation.

There will be practically no difference between the two cards as both are reference models (unless the EVGA has a factory overclock). So, I would compare the warranties of both and compare the extras that come in the box to judge overall value.

For example, my PNY came with a full HDMI to mini-HDMI cable, which can cost quite a bit if purchased separately. By the way, PNY has a lifetime warranty, and sells at BestBuy.com for $499.
Score
December 27, 2010 10:58:26 PM

I gotta pick something with PayPal as an option sadly, also GIGABYTE's does come with that also but only has a 3 year warranty.
Score
a c 595 U Graphics card
December 27, 2010 11:42:36 PM

3 years seems like a long time...
Score
December 27, 2010 11:44:17 PM

Yeah 3 years does seem like it would fit the bill, but EVGA has rapid RMA services too (they just cost a lot)

Perhaps I will go with my first instinct and get the GIGABYTE solution, but then the question is faster shipping or not :D 
Score
December 27, 2010 11:48:36 PM

I am a Gigabyte fan. I just got a Gigabyte 570 and it is everything that I ever wanted a GPU to be. Go giga!
Score
December 28, 2010 12:39:38 AM

Well that's it, I ordered from Giga let's hope I don't regret it.

Their warranty doesn't void if I OC right?
Score
a c 595 U Graphics card
December 28, 2010 2:40:26 AM

sowexly said:
Well that's it, I ordered from Giga let's hope I don't regret it.

Their warranty doesn't void if I OC right?

They have several models that are designed for overclocking, and I think they include overclocking software with the card.
Score
December 28, 2010 2:40:37 PM

Best answer selected by Sowexly.
Score
a c 169 U Graphics card
December 28, 2010 2:55:21 PM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!