Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Keyboard

Last response: in Components
May 31, 2011 10:32:26 AM

Hi all,

I'm on the lookout for a gaming keyboard that will ideally tick all of the following boxes:

1) Wireless
2) Be capable of accepting more than 2 key inputs simultaneously from the keypad (I use the mouse left-handed when I play)
3) Not be extortionately expensive

Suggestions?

More about : gaming keyboard

May 31, 2011 11:57:23 AM

honestly bud i've had a lot of problems with wireless and gaming for keyboards if they are up to the task they drink batteries especially if they are backlit .

wireless is fine for mice ... when the range between the keyboard and mouse is very small . i keep my mx620 no more than 9 inch's away from its receiver ( built into keyboard)

but you usually cant pull this off for wireless keyboards unless you have a reciever very close to the keyboard .. and even then you might as well go wired
Related resources
May 31, 2011 2:35:03 PM

I'll bear that in mind, thanks. My gaming PC is in my lounge, so I tend to be on the couch when I play, so I want to get rid of as much of the wiring as possible. To be fair, the mouse wire is the only one that annoys me - the keyboard isn't so much of an issue, so I might just stick with a wired keyboard in hindsight and get a better mouse...
May 31, 2011 3:45:04 PM

Im trying to imagine this and its breaking my mind ... sat on a sofa how do you use a mouse

Maybe my english sensibilities just wont let me ... mouse == desk

>.<
May 31, 2011 6:06:15 PM

On the cushion next to me. I don't play FPS games online so I don't really need the twitch reflexes / responses that I'd need a perfectly flat surface for.

Anyway, I had a revelation when I came home. Years ago I started using the keypad for directional control and the mouse left-handed. My keyboard wouldn't take more than 2 simultaneous keystrokes. Well, I tried the WASD controls today...4 simultaneous inputs! Suits me for sure...maybe time to learn to game with the mouse in my rit hand again!
!